Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2008 04:00

Long Wait for Studio XPS [435MT]?

I ordered the new Dell Studio XPS on 11/21/2008 and was notified that it would almost take a month for me to get it (Est. Ship Date:12/17/2008 and Est. Delivery Date:12/22/2008-12/24/2008). I was wondering why it would take so long to get a desktop created? I wasn't expecting such a large delay when i was looking in the cart it said "Preliminary Ship Date: 12/7/2008" when i ordered it. The only thing i changed was the Security Suite that i wanted preloaded. Can someone share me their experiance with this? Does it come early sometimes or late sometimes?

UPDATE: Delivery date is a conservative estimation. My Studio XPS was shipped on 12/3/2008 beating the "Preliminary Ship Date" i recieved when i ordered it. Almost 18 days total for the process.

December 17th, 2008 19:00

I canceled my order today because they delayed it.  I'm going to wait until they credit my account back then order something else.  Although I'm not a gamer per se, I will probably order either an XPS 420, 430, or 630.  Any suggestions?  I want it to be able to game and do multimedia, and of course to be loaded with power and upgradability.

S

December 17th, 2008 20:00

Welcome Mattyy!  What's up?

3 Posts

December 18th, 2008 02:00

I am also looking to upgrade the PSU on my XPS Studio. Someone told me that if I replace the PSU the warranty would void.
So what PSU are you on now? I am thinking to get 500W to 600W. Going for a 1GB GPU and a bluray reader which I regret not getting when I first customize the PC.

December 18th, 2008 12:00

UPDATE: Delivery date is a conservative estimation. My Studio XPS was shipped on 12/3/2008 beating the "Preliminary Ship Date" i recieved when i ordered it. Almost 18 days total for the process.

Aggghhh.  Good for you.  I ordered on 11 Dec 08 and it had a prelim ship date of Dec 18, 2008.  I just received an e-mail that it will not ship until 29 Dec 08!  Mind you this is a stock XPS Studio system...nothing fancy added.  So if that date holds...18 days for the process.  Hopefully like you I will get it before the 29th.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2008 21:00

I ordered mine on the same date and got the same new date you did.  I hounded the customer service rep to find out why it was delayed and he finally said the wirelless card was on back order and it was due in on the 27th and they would finish the build on the 28th and ship the 29th.  I guess Santa will be running late this Christmas. :emotion-7:

December 19th, 2008 05:00

I ordered mine on the same date and got the same new date you did.  I hounded the customer service rep to find out why it was delayed and he finally said the wirelless card was on back order and it was due in on the 27th and they would finish the build on the 28th and ship the 29th.  I guess Santa will be running late this Christmas. :emotion-7:

Funny thing is I didn't have the wireless card as part of my configuration. Only thing I added was more ram...6GB.  Very stock system.  Oh well...Merry Christmas to all!

UPDATE:  Delivery Prep is now set for 19 Dec 2008, ship set for today. 

187 Posts

December 19th, 2008 15:00

I just put a 300GB velociraptor in and this thing absolutely screams now...  I thought it was fast before, but apparently the hard drive was being a real bottleneck.

Boot time from pushing the power button went from about 42 seconds to less then 15. GTA IV used to take about a minute to get into the game now its less then half that.

34 Posts

December 21st, 2008 12:00

Arggg... I got my studio XPS on 12-5........well yesterday I tried to turn it on and I got an amber light on the start button. It wouldn't boot.

Called CS ....After trouble shooting (reseating everything inside) He said it was the motherboard and wanted to send a tech to replace it. I told him its only 2 weeks old and I'd rather just send it back. He talked me into letting them send a new system instead. Whew it was getting close to the 21 day return date, because it starts when its shipped>>NOT RECIEVED.  He said it would take 5-7 days, But I can't believe they could build and ship it here in that time frame.  So here I am back on my old faithful XPS gen 4 ( I almost gave it away..lol)

I hope it isn't because of the PSU being only 360 and having a 4850 ati . Sometimes the fans went crazy when gaming... :emotion-6:

10 Posts

December 21st, 2008 14:00

Just an update guys. I cancelled my order to get the benefit of the 10% discount. They said fine, i will re book it at the lower price for you and resend the finance documents. Guess what? They call me back and say sorry , cant provide you with the finance and wont give you a reason! Bearing in mind in the last 3 months I have paid off all my outstanding commitments with my only outgoing my mortgage, which was recently approved depsite the current climate regarding lending.

I have recently finished my last dell finance dell on my now 4 year old dell 8400 with absolutely no missed payments , in fact I have never missed a payment on a commitment in years.

And the fact that only last week they approved my finance deal for £1400 at the best rate that they do, then one week later turn me down when I get a better price on the deal with even lower payments.

Frustrating doesnt even come close.

The only negative on my credit file, which I check regularly is the amount of credit checks dell have done on me in the last 3 months. Thanks guys!!

Rant over , sorry for my moans , but just had to get it off my chest.

Good luck with your new systems guys, just wish i was able to be part of it.

6 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that. That was my big worry too. I canceled my order and built my own i7 buying everything off Newegg. I have to say it was a snap and this thing rocks! I put a 650W Corsair PSU in it and it is more than enough for my HD 4850, and being that I built it I have room to put a larger one in down the road if I need to. But, for those that held out and finally got theirs from Dell... enjoy it, i7 is great!

6 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that. That was my big worry too. I canceled my order and built my own i7 buying everything off Newegg. I have to say it was a snap and this thing rocks! I put a 650W Corsair PSU in it and it is more than enough for my HD 4850, and being that I built it I have room to put a larger one in down the road if I need to. But, for those that held out and finally got theirs from Dell... enjoy it, i7 is great!

Here's a shot of my new i7 by the way...

My i7-920 Nehalem

ASUS P6T, Corsair 650W PSU, G.Skill 6GB Tri-Channel Kit, Samsung 22X DVD, WD Caviar 650GB HD, Antec 900 case, HD4850 GPU, Dell 24" Ultra Sharp, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo344/HighDynamic/i7jpg.jpg

7 Posts

December 22nd, 2008 11:00

Enough  is enough...

I bought my xps studio the 8 of december, they estimated delivery for the 17 of December, they finally start the production on 15 ,and restimated the delivery for the 23, today (22) the Pc is always in production, if i am very lucky if i would have it this years...

If i buy a system as this one in the boxing day , it will cost me much less.

I email to the customer service today an want to cancel my orders if i do not receive all my sysyem before the 29 December.

I pay the big price to have it before chrismas, if Dell can't do the job, i want the low price of the boxing day...

I will have to write bad  feedback every day here until i have my system, an arrangement from Dell or my money. 

10 Posts

December 23rd, 2008 12:00

Here's a shot of my new i7 by the way...

My i7-920 Nehalem

ASUS P6T, Corsair 650W PSU, G.Skill 6GB Tri-Channel Kit, Samsung 22X DVD, WD Caviar 650GB HD, Antec 900 case, HD4850 GPU, Dell 24" Ultra Sharp, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo344/HighDynamic/i7jpg.jpg

NIce!!!  Congrats on your system.

5 Posts

December 24th, 2008 07:00

I know some of you want to cancel but are afraid of not getting the same deal.  I found this coupon today:

25% off a $1299+ Studio desktop purchase, expiring 1/9/09, use code: F3TVP?S04MVD3Z 

It works!!!  Just turned my old $2400 purchase into an $1800 purchase.  Needless to say, I cancelled and reordered.  :) 

December 24th, 2008 07:00

Same here, says it will ship by 12/17 and delivery by 12/24!! I am actually thinking about pulling the plug and getting something else because of the little 360W PSU. I have been reading and the HD 4850 says it needs a minimum of a 450W PSU. This really concerns me, anyone else?

Chad,

I just put an Antec 650W Earthwatts power supply in the case... just in case :-).  In addition I changed out the fan and put in a Noctua NF-B9 92mm case fan.  Very happy with everything so far.  Runs very quite...even running a game like Witcher...the fans don't come on at all.  I agree with other posters that with the technology in this rig the Watt requirements are indeed less.  However, for peace of mind I decided to upgrade the PS.

No Events found!