DAV-AZ
1 Nickel

MINI 9 Delays

I ordered a new desktop and Mini 9 on Mar 7 and was given an anticipated delivery date of April 9.  The desktop arrived on the 3rd.  However, to date I have received three notifications of delay for the Mini.  They now tell me the Mini will show up on April 27.  I've lost count of all the Dell computers I've purchased over the years and this is the first time they have dissappointed me in this manner.  Is it time to switch to another computer manufacturer?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: MINI 9 Delays

DAV-AZ,

Sorry you are experiencing a delay with the delivery of your laptop computer.  Dell's laptop manufacturing is done in Malaysia and depending on parts availability it can take about 7 - 10 days to build one, ship it to the US, then box it up and have it ready for the package shipper.  Then it would depend on what type of shipping the customer purchased for it to arrive at their house. 

The Mini 9 is one of our most popular computers right now, so the demands from the parts manufacturer to get the parts to Dell's manufacturing facility is pretty intense.  The current delays are postponing our original delivery estimates and extending those a bit.  Right now it looks like the supplier for the base (the plastic parts that surround the system) is having difficulty supplying us with sufficient parts to fill the orders within that 7-10 day time period I mentioned.

Please believe me Dell is not intentionally trying to disappoint you personally, as many orders are affected by these delays.  We appreciate your continued patronage and your patience, as these estimated ship dates are just that, estimated.  Things can happen faster or slower depending on the parts delays.  If by chance the parts get to us quicker, all the delayed systems will be put on a fast track to get them built and out to the customers quickly.

Hope this explains things for you.  Thanks again for your patience.  If I can assist you further, please Private Message me.

Regards,

Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
DAV-AZ
1 Nickel

Well just received delay notification number four.  Someone told me not to purchase a Dell as the company has truly slipped.  I believe them now.  If I hadn't already ordered and received several accessories for the Mini you can bet I'd be going elsewhere.  As it is I'm trapped.

0 Kudos
AndreasKOPP
1 Copper

My order delivery is delayed by 37 days.

The only answer I got was that they have more orders than expected and that their manufacturer cannot solve all orders.

More and more I don't believe this.

I really doubt if I will receive my computer

Greetings from Germany

Andreas 

0 Kudos
DAV-AZ
1 Nickel

Well I haven't received my official fifth delay notification yet, but I just checked my status and its been set back another five days.

Looks like I  need to cancel and go Samsung.

Ordered 03/07/2009 latest delivery estimate 05/08/2009,

0 Kudos
AUPilotAU
1 Nickel

Mine has been delayed well over a month and not supposed to arrive for another month...pretty crazy...

0 Kudos
DAV-AZ
1 Nickel

We're up to the sixth delay now.  Ordered 03/07 and new anticipated delivery date is 05/15.

0 Kudos
DAV-AZ
1 Nickel

Another week, another delay.  The seventh now.  Ordered 03/07 and new guestimated delivery date is 05/22.

0 Kudos
dwanem
1 Copper

After seeing your posts, I am really, REALLY starting to get worried.  I ordered a Mini 9 on 04/28 and was given an estimated delivery date of on or before 05/14.  As of right now, my Mini is still "In Production".  How could they possibly get it tested, boxed, shipped and delivered in 48 hours?  I really wish I could get a phone call or even an email letting me know about a delay, which seems to be the case, even though I was told specifically by customer service last week that there was no delay.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dwanem,

Which Mini did you order?  If you will send me a Private Message (by clicking on my name, under my pic) with your Order Number, Customer Number and Telephone Number, I'll be happy to look it up for you.   Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos