Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2011 05:00

Moved: Worst survey ever

Moved to the Monitors Forum.

No longer employed at Dell. If you need help, use the "Get Help Now" chat option.

29 Posts

February 14th, 2011 11:00

Robert,

Why does a post about a poorly designed Dell survey belong in a Monitors Forum,  By the way, where is that forum located?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 14th, 2011 16:00

Robert,

Why does a post about a poorly designed Dell survey belong in a Monitors Forum,  By the way, where is that forum located?

azTRS80

You can find the monitors Forum HERE.

Bev.

29 Posts

February 14th, 2011 18:00

Thanks SHESAGORDIE i found it.  I still can't understand why Robert moved it to Peripherals since the post is "off target".

29 Posts

February 14th, 2011 20:00

Thx Bev

Barbara

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 14th, 2011 20:00

azTRS80

:emotion-21:

Bev.

9.4K Posts

February 15th, 2011 04:00

I moved the post for several reasons, mostly because of this statement:

One last point while I'm here.  This survey annoyed me enough that I wanted to let Dell know, so I got on the web site and joined the community here.  But I could not find an appropriate forum to post this in.  The "New to the Community" forum isn't exactly a good choice since this is mostly about my experience as a Dell customer with one of their surveys.  But the only other forums I can find are specific to certain types of products and there isn't even one of those for displays.  So I'd also suggest Dell add a forum for customer service or some other generic one where people can give feedback.  Maybe consider adding a display forum too, seems odd you don't have one of those.  Not even sure which forum I'd post a display question in if I had one given the choices, peripherals I suppose but that makes me think of keyboards, mice, USB gadgets and stuff like that not displays.

Other than than my annoyed experience with your survey and being a bit confused by your forum choices here my experience with Dell has been very positive.

29 Posts

February 15th, 2011 07:00

Robert,

Jamesarizona wrote the post not because he is having trouble with his monitor, but because of the survey sent after his purchase.  He is rigth in that ther is no forum where customers can register their complaints.  I have been following this forum since Nov. 2009 when I had problems with customer service.  At that time her must have been over 100 complaints.  I agree that all are not valid .  There is not other place where customers can contact Dell directly.  People get frustrated when customer service hangs up on them, keeps transferring them, lies, promises callbecks that never hSendingappen and tech support is no better.  Sending an email is no better since most of the time they are not answered.  James is right in asking for a forum where people can go to get help with problems other than hardware.

I have read recently that some companys have been bring back customer service to North America because of customer complaints.  I hope that Dell listens.  I  will not buy another Dell product untill they do.  I have had enought frustration will customer service and will buy from companays that have support in North America where possible.

9.4K Posts

February 15th, 2011 08:00

Robert,

Jamesarizona wrote the post not because he is having trouble with his monitor, but because of the survey sent after his purchase.  He is rigth in that ther is no forum where customers can register their complaints.  I have been following this forum since Nov. 2009 when I had problems with customer service.  At that time her must have been over 100 complaints.  I agree that all are not valid .  There is not other place where customers can contact Dell directly.  People get frustrated when customer service hangs up on them, keeps transferring them, lies, promises callbecks that never hSendingappen and tech support is no better.  Sending an email is no better since most of the time they are not answered.  James is right in asking for a forum where people can go to get help with problems other than hardware.

I have read recently that some companys have been bring back customer service to North America because of customer complaints.  I hope that Dell listens.  I  will not buy another Dell product untill they do.  I have had enought frustration will customer service and will buy from companays that have support in North America where possible.

Let me respond to your concerns.

There are plenty of places customers can register their complaints, the first that comes to mind is the "Unresolved Issues" link at the bottom of each page on Dell's website. 

Customers can contact Dell directly by "Unresolved Issues" link, by calling the 1-800 Number, Email and Chat.

The Dell Community is an excellent place for people to get help with their problems, however it is designed as a User to User Forum, and has never been purported to be a User to Dell Forum.

Yes, Dell is listening, which is why they have invested so much into Social Media and as a result, our Customer Satisfaction numbers have been on the increase.

29 Posts

February 16th, 2011 13:00

Robert,

People com to this forum because they have exhausted all of the above mentioned help links.  They get suggestions from other users or in some cases from you and Lionel before you.

I have tried all of the help links above and have found them useless. Phone,  Emai and chat pose a communication problem  They do not spek or write the same English that we do.  When I emailed Unresolved issues I never received an answer just as others have indicated.  People come here out of frustration.

I do not Facebook or Twitter like many of your customers so what you have invested in Social Media means nothing to me.

No Events found!