Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2012 08:00

NTLDR is missing

I have a common problem that I came on here to try and find a solution to and I have already read what everyone had to say about it. Here is where my problem occurs with putting the Windows XP disc in and performing this task: My computer didn't come with a Windows XP disc. I just picked it up yesterday from a second turn place and was hoping to clean it up and put my personal information on it. Somewhere in cleaning it up, I guess I deleted the wrong file. It should still be in my recycle bin because I neglected to run that, nor did I run any other disk scans that might otherwise cleaned it out. So I guess my ultimate question would be is there a way to restore the NTLDR without having the Windows XP disc? I don't even think I know of anyone who would have one laying around there house for me to temporarily borrow.

Just let me know something, if anyone has any ideas. I would sure love to continue using this computer I brought home yesterday.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 29th, 2012 09:00

Hi KLSnodgrass,

In order to fix the NTLDR issue, a windows XP disk is necessary.
To further assist you on this issue please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

Please reply for further help.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 29th, 2012 13:00

I have a common problem that I came on here to try and find a solution to and I have already read what everyone had to say about it. Here is where my problem occurs with putting the Windows XP disc in and performing this task: My computer didn't come with a Windows XP disc. I just picked it up yesterday from a second turn place and was hoping to clean it up and put my personal information on it. Somewhere in cleaning it up, I guess I deleted the wrong file. It should still be in my recycle bin because I neglected to run that, nor did I run any other disk scans that might otherwise cleaned it out. So I guess my ultimate question would be is there a way to restore the NTLDR without having the Windows XP disc? I don't even think I know of anyone who would have one laying around there house for me to temporarily borrow.

Just let me know something, if anyone has any ideas. I would sure love to continue using this computer I brought home yesterday.

KLSnodgrass

Dell OEM XP reinstallation discs can purchased on eBay.
It must be the same version of XP that was factory installed, so that the COA/product key attached to the computer case will be valid.

Bev.

No Events found!