Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

48 Posts

September 16th, 2022 20:00

No email notifications for replies to my posts

Hi,

I've  been with the Forum for many, many years. I used to get notifications about replies to my posts. As far as I can tell, I have all settings correct to send me notifications for replies, but I never get any notifications. Back in 2018, a moderator checked out my settings, and said they were ok, but still no notifications. By the way, where can I check the email address I have on file? I can't find it anywhere in my profile.

Thanks a lot.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 17th, 2022 13:00

We also complained to Khoros about this very issue. Khoros told us that their software is working as designed per the updates that they forced on us. That we all are now required to "subscribe" to every post we make. Then we should receive notifications if anyone replies to our post. By the way, I see that you have already checked, "Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in". So it should be working.

DellBradL_0-1665513075139.png

Capture1.JPG

(edited)

September 19th, 2022 15:00

Yeah, it 'should' be working, but it's not. 

I didn't know you replied, privately or publicly, until I logged on.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do have the correct email address.

October 9th, 2022 13:00

I have the same issue.  I will try subscribing to my own posts.  Very frustrating.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 10th, 2022 10:00

These changes to notifications settings will only take place on new threads/replies posted since the change was applied, and do not apply to old threads you created/replied to before the change was made. 

October 10th, 2022 12:00

BradL,

I posted to this thread after confirming that my preferences were set to send notifications, and I did not get notified of your post.  When I point at the three dots above the search bar, it says I'm subscribed--there's an unsubscribe option.  I must be doing something wrong.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 10th, 2022 14:00

@johnblaustein Does this send you a notification? Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I will try to see what I can find out. 

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 10th, 2022 15:00

I made some additional changes to your sub preferences, can you let me know if it works this time for email notification?

October 10th, 2022 15:00

BradL,

Nope.  No email notification of your post.  When I open the forum webpage there is a number next to the little bell icon at the top indicating new messages for threads I subscribe to.

John

October 10th, 2022 16:00

"I made some additional changes to your sub preferences, can you let me know if it works this time for email notification?"

No.  Still no email notification.  And the checkbox below the message "Additional options" is checked on.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 11th, 2022 09:00

Could you also please complain to them about the area?

The Private Messages formatting is messed up. This is not a new situation, it's been like this as long as I can remember. (The same problem exists at the Intel Community forums, with what appears to be the same crummy forum software.

The majority of the screen is taken up by huge banner at the top, menu, banners and navigation at the bottom and lots of wasted white space. There's a tiny scrollable area for message list, and an even smaller scrollable area in which to try to read the selected message.

In MS Edge Chromium and Opera browsers, the only way to make the message list and reading a message somewhat functional is to zoom out so that zoom level is 80% or below. It's still not good, but is at least more functional. However, that is not a solution for anyone who needs 100% or a zoom level above 100% to make browser text more readable for them.

Also, when a message is selected, the message view area shows only three or four lines of the message. We are forced to click "Expand full message" to read the entire message. That is a needless extra step that provides zero user benefit.

Can the formatting be improved for Private Messages, please?

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 11th, 2022 11:00

@johnblaustein Can you let me know if this worked?

October 11th, 2022 14:00

No, I did not receive an email notification that this message was waiting for me.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 11th, 2022 14:00

Thanks for the update on this, I will PM you. 

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

December 15th, 2023 06:00

What is the status of this?  I don't even see any email-related notification settings in the platform anymore like shown in the screenshot above.  I don't frequent the forum so it is very easy to miss replies or updates to conversations I'm following.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 15th, 2023 13:40

Email notifications are turned off. But, the top right bell notifications is working. I had 5 notifications there this morning.

No Events found!