Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2009 08:00

Poll - Next Steps for Community Site

Continuing our efforts to improve the Dell Community site, please take a moment to let us know what you feel the next priority should be. As always, you can also provide ideas to us on Ideastorm or vote on those that others have submitted in the Dell Community category.

Please use the comment section to indicate what you chose and why- the more detailed feedback we get, the better. We read and appreciate all of your feedback!

[Poll]

19 Posts

February 24th, 2009 19:00

Well that is a little extreme, it doesn't really say Dell is in trouble, just that their current community effort is. :emotion-37:

February 27th, 2009 03:00

Hi

I've just wasted a half an hour of my life registering with Dell Community.  The mechanism for linking an existing Dell Account ot a new community account simply doesn't work!  The programmer responsible should be ashamed of himself.

3.9K Posts

February 27th, 2009 07:00

Well, it works SOMETIMES :D  And sometimes not, and sometimes it asks you to link it even though you already have, etc., etc. :D

22 Posts

March 9th, 2009 18:00

10+ days since last reply? Dear Dell...time to give this poll a proper burial and while you're at it....do I have to say it?

15 Posts

March 15th, 2009 13:00

This is the worst forum I have ever come across. :emotion-8: I can't understand why they even changed it when it used to be so good before...

Now, how does one remove ones account? Anyone know?

387 Posts

March 15th, 2009 14:00

10+ days since last reply?

This isn't surprising, GrtArtiste. The poll in this thread closed on 2/18/09.

387 Posts

March 15th, 2009 14:00

Now, how does one remove ones account?

Fortuner, see if this link helps to answer your question about removing an account.

133 Posts

March 16th, 2009 00:00

Reminds me of the credits to Monty Python's the holy grail,

"The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other
people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been
sacked.
The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at
great expense and at the last minute."

The poster of the original poll apparently is no longer with Dell, maybe the current poster is gone as well.

I am helping one more person here, my last warranty on Dell systems expires in June. I have been one of Dell's greatest advocates, but I am just fed up.

Goodbye, and Good Luck!

2.7K Posts

March 16th, 2009 05:00

I used to find so much support here. Two pluses of buying Dells were the forum and the forum members. The forum has changed and navigating and using it are no longer user friendly or time positive. And to make matters more awful many of the top forum memebers who were so helpful are no longer here. Unfortunately I could not wait to have Dell get this right for their customers. I just bought 5 HP Pavilions laptops. The HP Forum is usable. I would have prefered to buy Dells but the two pluses of buying Dells have been taken away.  I am also getting ready to re-do a computer learning lab with at least 37 new computers. My group will not be signing a Dell contract because of the Dell Forum Changes. The Dell Forum used to be impotant to us for quick fixes and help-not so much anymore. How very sad.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 16th, 2009 06:00

Annie,

Just be careful when you have problems with your HP computers, they don't repair install the operating systems like Dell's do. They do a complete wipeout of all files and folders when the system crashes and the only way to recover the files and folders is with a Knoppix CD and an external burner.

If you every need any help, just swim across the Susquehanna River and contact me. :emotion-5:

Rick

10 Posts

March 16th, 2009 11:00

I'm a new Dell customer, bought an Inspiron laptop last Oct and an XPS630 this month. Before that I owned Gateways for 10 years. I have to agree, the forum setup here is not typical, user friendly, or efficient. I've gotten lost several times trying to read a thread, there threads don't have dates, and there are only a few per page. I appreciate the work that went into it but a standard vBulletin style forum would be much better for end users to help each other and foster community spirit.

March 16th, 2009 12:00

How do I get outta here!?

"Click below to unsubscribe to this thread" it said: it lied.  After stumbling around a badly thought out web site and wasting yet more of my life, I still can't find a way to stop the spam about "Next Steps for Community Site" filling up my inbox.

160 Posts

March 16th, 2009 15:00

I really do like my Dell machines (all except for the Studio laptops which were sent back-that is another story).

Studio laptops....do tell!  I've been curious about them and was following problems on another site.  What issues did you have?

2.7K Posts

March 16th, 2009 15:00

Just be careful when you have problems with your HP computers, they don't repair install the operating systems like Dell's do. They do a complete wipeout of all files and folders when the system crashes and the only way to recover the files and folders is with a Knoppix CD and an external burner.If you every need any help, just swim across the Susquehanna River and contact me. :emotion-5:

Rick

Hi Rick, I am not familar with a Knoppix CD so I hope I never need it. I do give you credit for sticking around this forum and giving so much help.  I know that many appreciate both your time and answers. 

I really do like my Dell machines (all except for the Studio laptops which were sent back-that is another story). I  recall the days where if you had a problem with a Dell you could come to this forum and get almost instant help/answers. It does not appear that way any more. 

Didn't someone just try to swim the Susquehanna and get picked up by the police! This event made the Channel 8 News bigtime.

2.7K Posts

March 16th, 2009 16:00

I had two Studio 1735's and both had sound issues. Both have been returned.

No Events found!