Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2009 07:00

Printer AIO 922 All-In-One Center not available

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1545, with Vista.
I connected my printer, a Dell Photo AIO 922, which I used with my previous Dell laptop, and it prints, but when I try to reach the All-In-One Center to scan or perform other operations I cannot reach the All-In-One Center.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 8th, 2009 08:00

htattsville,

You'll have to reinstall the printer using the directions below. The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package. When you go to install the proper drivers, the folder usually just unzips. You'll have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator.

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens..

Please make sure you have all Windows Updates, especially .net framework, (needed to run many applications) and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch (a MUST with Vista machines) to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

No Events found!