Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2010 06:00

Printer problem

I have a 720 inkjet printer that stopped printing.  Makes all the right sounds, looks like it's working, but nothing comes out on the page.  I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and put in new ink cartridges, but still not working.  Anybody have any suggestions?  I know it's old, but I barely used it!  Help!-Jo

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 10th, 2010 07:00

jomilroy,

You are using Dell Series 1 cartridges, correct? Unplug the printer from the wall. Remove the power brick, if it has one. Wait 60 seconds then connect the plug everything back in. This should reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Now check the Dell Series 1 ink cartridge and make sure the tape is off it, then reseat it. Do the same for the Dell Series 1 color cartridge. Close the printer. Try to print an alignment page any error messages?

You could also try reinstalling the printer using the instructions located at...

720 Color Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 1 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

No Events found!