Re: Problem using the Community forums

Jump to solution

jehoshua,

It is standard Forum software troubleshooting to test multiple browsers to see if the issue appears on them. Test Microsoft Edge (if running Windows 10) or Internet Explorer if not.

You did not have the following checked in your Forum Notification Settings =

Notify me when I post, reply, submit a review, or comment

Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in

I have checked them for you. You should read through the 12 others listed under, "Email Notifications Notify me of:", and change them from Never.

You have to edit your email server rules to allow noreply@dellcommunity.dell.com

0 Kudos
jammac
2 Iron

Jump to solution

"You have to edit your email server rules to allow noreply@dellcommunity.dell.com"

<attacking deleted> "dellcommunity.dell.com" does not exist in DNS. You have to add it to DNS. Don't ask a million people to add exceptions such that they can receive those mails. (Note: Non-existing domain names is one of the first things checked by anti-spam.)

So I will go and ask gmx.net or live.com to reconfigure their email infrastructure so I can receive mails from dell community. /s

Typical <attacking deleted> style response...

Read the Forum Terms of Use.

0 Kudos
jehoshua
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@jammac  -  Yes I totally agree with what you have stated. Imagine asking millions of people to adjust their email server configurations, when the source of the problem is a Dell DNS.

If I could give you a Kudos I would, but it still doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jehoshua
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Well, there is still no solution to these problems, although one item is fixed it seems - I can login to the forums with Mozilla. Here are the outstanding issues ..

1. The email problem sourced from a Dell DNS issue is still not fixed. I just checked our email server logs and there are 3 fails in the last 4 hours - "sender verify failed".

2. Still can't use the Kudo

3. Cannot edit posts; only the first post has the 3 dots

0 Kudos
jehoshua
2 Iron

Jump to solution
As I can't edit the post above, the login problem is not fixed either. Can't login with Firefox, but can login with "Brave" web browser. Can a moderator please mark this thread as "no solution" ? I did try but seems no option for that.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi jehoshua,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your Forum experience has not been as you expected so far.

Since your troubleshooting and assistance by @DELL-Chris M did not resolve your issue, I've escalated it to the Forum Platform Administrator and Dell IT to look into it.  When I receive information back from them I'll either post it here or in a Private Message to you.  Basically, we use Private Messaging to keep customer's personal/private information from public view. 

It is Friday and several of my contacts are out of the office, so my responses may be delayed until next week. Thanks for your patience while we sort this out from our end.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

jehoshua
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@dell-robert p  - Okay, thanks for your help. Two observations today ..

1. Using Firefox, I can login to my account at https://dell.com ok

2. Looking through emails, I used to get email replies from the Community, yet the email server setup is the same ??

3. Just now, I was able to login to the Community forums using Firefox okay. I had been using https://dell.com a lot for chat and browsing. Cookies maybe ??   Cache ?

0 Kudos
jammac
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@jehoshuaYeah giving Kudo doesn't work most of the time either. I once managed to give one to someone using my usual browser (Firefox), no idea what made that mouse click special at that time.

That and among other the fact that you can't even upload your own avatar makes this community somewhat ridiculous.

0 Kudos
jammac
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@dell-robert pHey, while you're at it, could you let the admins know that Dell DNS is setup incorrectly as multiple people have stated (not only in this thread, which was IMHO incorrectly merged with other threads as the problems (browser vs. email notifications) are not the same at all):

https://www.dell.com/community/New-to-Dell-Community/No-email-notifications-because-of-illegal-sende...

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Enterprise/OFF-TOPIC-Community-board-using-wrong-send...

I don't think people should have to modify their email infrastructure including spam filters if the root cause of the problem is Dell DNS.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
jammac
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Concerning the Kudos: Giving Kudos only seems to work for me for the original post, not for any replies to it.

0 Kudos