Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2008 08:00

Question about the Order Status page

Does anyone know how often the status page is updated? Also, I called in to them to change the shipping address for my order, but the change does not show up on the status page. The previous address still shows up. Do I have to call again to comfirm the change?  Thanks in advance.

10 Posts

December 30th, 2008 08:00

G'day mate, just a quick question that might help with replies, what region are you in?

I live in Australia, and I ordered a package from Dell here several weeks ago, and the order status page seemed to be stuck on 'shipped from factory', and didn't change until after I received it...I dunno, maybe there's some cases of laziness on their part...

Also, concerning your call to them regarding changing your delivery address, I think that incurs a delay or 24 or so hours if I'm not mistaken. I don't think you should have to call them a second time...

Let us know how it goes mate.

10 Posts

December 30th, 2008 09:00

That does sound like a pretty good deal, and I really hope they didn't pull it back apart hahaha. That'd be pretty stupid if it's still in 'new' condition

5 Posts

December 30th, 2008 09:00

G'day mate or Sup Dude. I'm from California, USA.  I figured as much about the delay. I ordered on the 27th of this month from the Dell Outlet and the description of this is "Previously Ordered New"--Someone odered then changed their mind, refused delivery, or returned after recieving it--It sounded like the Netbook was already assembled and with next day delivery at half off--$8 instead of $16 USD-- I though it was a deal.  Just wondering why it would take so long to package and ship. 

You don't think they took it apart again and had to re-assemble it do you?! LOL

I'll let you know what happens.

:emotion-1:

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2009 11:00

The deal is great. I found out they put some hold on the order. I suspect it was the billing address conflict. Anyway, spoke with the CC company and they had already approved the purchase from Dell. Now All I need it the Dell rep in the CC Dept to lift the hold on the order and ship it to me. *sigh* Dell is so painfully slow.  Why couldn't they have called me up if there was a problem? Oh, wait. That would be efficient and no one wants that! LOL

5 Posts

January 3rd, 2009 12:00

So instead of dealing with the problem, Dell cancelled my order! Real mature of you Dell. Have a problem, cancel it. Smooth.  I'm ticked but if they want to alienate their loyal customers they're on the right track.  I'm seriously thinking about a Toshiba or Lenovo netbook. Maybe even an HP...

5 Posts

January 5th, 2009 10:00

I'm seriously looking at the Asus EeePc 1000HA. Well Dell you had your chance. Better luck Tomorrow.

1 Message

May 18th, 2009 09:00

Dell has done the same thing to me. The same day I made my order they canceled it. Upon calling Customer Service they tell me my order has been put on financial hold and that I have to call a specific financial agent. Big surprise the guy never answers his phone! And now they have upped the price on that computer so I can't reorder since I only have enough money for the original cost!

No Events found!