Re: Customer Support Complaints, Post Here

I don't know quite where to start... On the one hand Dell-Robert P is absolutely correct: On the Dell Forums there are a large number of great users who are happy to help at no charge. I am amazed at the pool of talent there. Users who help other users only because they want to help. Pure selflessness. If there is a way to fix it without them having to actually touch it they will. They have helped me numerous times.

On the other hand: I find it a bit strange that Dell would tell a customer with a month old Dell laptop to seek help from Dell users and not from Dell itself. Back when I built and sold computers (long long ago) I felt responsible for each and every one of them. My name and reputation depended on each and every system. Anyone who has used a computer for more than an hour knows that things are going to go haywire. Not "If" but "When." The key is how those problems are handled. What does it say when a person I have never met, hundreds or thousands of miles away from me, who has nothing to gain from me seems to care more about my system than the company that made a profit from me???????

I understand that Dell-Robert P is trying to get help to a customer the quickest way possible but isn't it a sad thing that he points to users to accomplish this??

You hear these days of a bank or a company that is "too big to fail" - Maybe Dell is too big to succeed. They need to go back to the roots of Dell when service and customer support mattered. The hardware is still about as good as it gets most of the time. Everything else is in a very, very sad state.

Jeff

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
europa303
5 Tungsten

Re: Customer Support Complaints, Post Here

"Too big to succeed" is indeed a problem many large companies face. Way too many managers overseeing way too many departments with way too many under-trained staff.  I found Motorola to be the worst in this regard.  Pitney-Bowes too.  Dell undoubtedly is in there as well.  I suppose a lot of jobs are created along the way, which can be a good thing, but the stockholders suffer with that and then when word gets out about the poor service (Dell???) provided by these one-department-doesn't-know-what-the-other-department-is-doing hapless folks it only takes a turn for the worse every time and then, all too often, support is then sent offshore to cure the problem.  Ain't gonna cure anything that way.  As I see it, there is no way any large company can afford to pay for top-notch service centers in their home country due to high costs, when customers are clamoring for low cost computers, cell phones, etc.  This is the world we live in and we make the best of it.  I am forced to pay $79 or so for 3 years of "pro" tech support with Dell, but it is a price I am willing to pay to get North American based tech support each time I need it, which although rare, is nice to have.  But as I see it, the cost of the hardware is quite reasonable so I'll bite the bullet on the tech support.  Heck, I remember willingly paying thousands for 286 based computers years ago.  What we get now is a great bargain, comparatively.  Cheers to all!

0 Kudos