Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 10:00

STUDIO XPS 1645 i7 ORDER STATUS THREAD !

THIS IS THE THREAD FOR US TO POST OUR ORDER STATUS OF STUDIO XPS 1645 CORE i7

I have browsed the forum and found this as a BIG issue about the Studio XPS 1645 i7 Delivery. Some are saying that Dell IS NOT SHIPPING it and some say opposite.

Now we have this thread for each of us to post exactly what is going on with our order status so that we all know the truth.

Who has ordered really long time ago - Who has canceled - Who is still waiting - Who has talked with Dell Reps or Manager - Who has been given reasons for Cancellations or Delays - Who has experience something else related to the problem ..

WE WILL GATHER INFORMATION HERE !

32 Posts

November 28th, 2009 10:00

STUDIO XPS 16 1645 i7

Ordered      09/27/09 - EDD 10/19/09 - Canceled by Dell - NO ANY NOTIFICATION

Reordered  10/22/09 - EDD 11/13/09 - Delayed to 11/20/09 -  Canceled by Dell

Reordered  11/19/09 - EDD 12/15/09 - .....

Friday 11/27/09 at 11:54 PM, received an e-mail saying that: "your order is built and in transit to the shipping facility.

Normal time in this routing position is 48-96 hours.".

Waiting to see what will happen..

(visit my thread "STUDIO XPS 1645 - DELAY - CANCEL - RELEASED MONEY = DELL" )

4 Posts

November 28th, 2009 11:00

My fault is that I did not research Dell before I made my purchase, something I deeply regret now. * 11/24 - I ordered an XPS 16 laptop back in 10/14 with the rep saying my extimated delivery date was 11/24 but saying the system will "likely arrive before the delivery date because that is how it works". Why oh why did I ever fall for that?

• 11/19 - I get a notice from the Dell notification dept (or some such) that my order has been delayed to 12/3. Fine.
  • 11/24 - I get a notice from the 'Dell Order Modification" department that I have the option of canceling my order or they have to cancel and re-enter my order by calling a number. In addition, the email said they will upgrade my method of shipment to next day because of the delay. I call that number and a rep told me that I can safely ignore that email and there is nothing wrong with my order. At this point I am getting suspicious that things are not right. I tried to reach my original sales rep (Team Vision) and got a helpful person who seems to have the right systems on hand. He explained that I might have been included in a distro list that I shouldn't have been in. His systems told me my order is "In production" and that there should be no further delays. i felt a little better.
  • 11/25 - So I got another notification from the 'Dell Order Modification"department again saying I should call to cancel or reorder.
    • 2 hours after that I get another email saying the same thing.
    • I called up Team Vision again since at this point this is the only department that seems US-based and at least seemingly consistent and trustworthy. The rep tried to connect me to the "Notify Department" to see what was going on. Of course the line was dropped. I figured I could go to the well one more time and get some help. To the Team Vision's credit they emailed the number of the department.
    • I called the Notify Department and the rep said I merely had to clarify if I wanted to cancel or reorder. I figured I have invested all this time and energy, what the heck - don't cancel. So they rep verifies that the order is still scheduled for the 3rd and he does not see any further delay. I asked if I still get my next day delivery and he said I need to call customer care for that. He tries to transfer. o I get transferred to 'Reception' and got a rude lady that cut me off while I was trying to explain my situation by saying "sir, do you want to cancel or not?' I said no and that I was merely asking if i was going to get my free shipping method upgrade. She said I called the wrong department and that I needed customer care. *Sigh.
    • I  get transferred to customer care and gave them my order #. The rep immediately apologized and says that his systems now show my delivery date is delayed from 12/3 to 12/10! I told they rep that this is the first time I was informed of the 2nd delay. They guy says the delays are due to high demand that Dell cannot account for. I asked for a supervisor but was told he was going to tell me the same info. I insisted and got to a supervisor. He offers me 2nd day shipping for my troubles - LOL. I told him I was already offered next day shipping by another department and asked if he wanted me to forward it to him. He said no and that he will instruct his "special group" to tag my order with next day shipping and that I will get a call within 24 hours to confirm the upgrade. At this time I have lost hope that I will get my system before Christmas. I am almost expecting that I will next get a late payment notice from Dell for a system I probably will never get. There, I feel better for typing all this up.....well not really Sad No. What's really said is that my story may be nothing compared to what others have gone through.
    *Update 11/28 - EDD is still holding steady at 12/10 (although I have zero faith in it). Also I never got a call to verify that my shipping method was upgraded to next day as promised and documented via email - surpirse, surprise!

32 Posts

November 28th, 2009 12:00

To GALAN,

You know that I really and totally understand that feeling since I have been waiting for 62 days just to receive my laptop. You should keep tracking your order almost everyday and just stick with one really helpful people who really can and wants to assist you.

Also, you should expect further delay because if you don't, it will just make your Christmas and even New Year more unhappy. It is just a laptop order anyway. Dell will have to pay for the way they treat their customers, I strongly believe. It is not worth for us to worry about.

There are many people who sympathize with you here :

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=430672&page=53

Hope you will keep us updated with your order !

32 Posts

November 28th, 2009 14:00

SHIPPED 

Today Saturday 11/28/09 :

Checked order status online 

Called automatic check order status 1 (800) 433 9014  

Order Status : Shipped

Shipped Date : 11/28/2009

Estimated Delivery Date: 12/01/2009

Carrier and Tracking Number : Data Temporarily Unavailable

don't believe it until I see it at my door. ( The money still in my bank account . even less than 56 cent to the amount I have to pay , cause it was released back to my bank account and became " Available" , so I did not pay attention when spending money.

Will update !

32 Posts

November 29th, 2009 04:00

11/28/09 : Received an e-mail saying that my order was SHIPPED

Order Status on the Web and the Phone : Still indicated SHIPPED

EDD : 12/01/09 ( Monday )

will update

( This post was edit )

86 Posts

November 29th, 2009 07:00

You'll forgive me for doubting the scenario you are claiming, but are you absolutely sure you did not accidently delete that email message that you cannot find?

If you are absolutely sure that this wasn't an error on your part, have you contacted the company that is providing your email service?

We do not want to go into details here of who that company is, but if it can be established by the company providing your email service that your account was in some way compromised, which your post suggests, you most definitely should get in contact with the authorities.

Although I have posted in another thread my concern about Dell's policy on this forum regarding privacy rights, I still have a hard time believing that any Dell engineer would be so lawless as to engage in an activity such as what you are suggesting.

Still, if it has happened, oh heavens ... hard to even contemplate what that would signify.

I wil be more than a little bit surprised if a Dell employee doesn't respond to your post with a categorical statement that Dell would NEVER! do such a thing. And offer some assistance to prove that it didn't happen. If one does, please keep us posted as to the outcome. This is most definitely a very serious turn of events, if it is indeed not an error on your part.

I know, I keep coming back to that about you making a mistake, but you can be very sure that law enforcement authorities will do exactly the same before they go to the company that provides your email service to ask them to check their server, which they can and will do, if you file a report. By the way, that would be an issue for the FBI, if you are in the United Sates. 

32 Posts

November 29th, 2009 11:00

To 1234h:

I did not do it.

However, here is the answer: It is a new function provided by the e-mail service company to keep all of the e-mails to prevent user from deleting them unintentionally.

I at first do understand it's just about the e-mail service company. I did not mention a thing about Dell in this particular one.

The post was edit

32 Posts

November 30th, 2009 08:00

Ordered 09 / 27 - EDD 10 / 19 - Canceled

Reordered 10 / 22 - EDD 11 / 13 - Delayed to 11/20/09 - Canceled 11 / 19

Reordered 11 / 19 - EDD 12 / 15 

11 / 30 SHIPPED

Receive tracking number

Fedex check : DELIVERY TOMORROW 12 / 01

32 Posts

December 1st, 2009 16:00

RECEIVED 

Yes, the wait is over to me now after two months and couple days. 

Just some important thing to know : 

My last order was place on 11 / 19 with EDD on 12 / 15

Since then, everything went right and Dell also updated the progress pretty soon.

Received my laptop at 2PM 12 / 01 as updated ( 14 days sooner than the EDD )

I'm typing on it now and hope you guys will get yours soon before Christmas. 

19 Posts

December 1st, 2009 16:00

Ordered 27/9/09 - Stuck in "Order Received" until today.

Got put off and called my sales rep every 4 days after the first week. 

He's explanation?

There's a problem with the previous batch of Core i7 processors and Dell had to wait for a new batch to arrive on the 24th of November (worldwide).

Now their engineers are carrying out necessary tests on the system, and if all goes well they should start shipping again on the 3rd of December (tomorrow). 

Glad to report that when my 1645 RGBLED comes Dell should be shipping with the 130w adapters to fix the power issue. 

Honestly, the delays aren't really a bad thing. I'd rather have the delay than have a faulty system afterwards.

Cheers guys, I'll try to keep you updated.

19 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 08:00

Congrats frank:emotion-2: Glad to hear that Dell's finally shipping them 1645s out. Was it worth the wait?

32 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 00:00

Congrats frank:emotion-2: Glad to hear that Dell's finally shipping them 1645s out. Was it worth the wait?

Yes, everything is still fine so fat. I still have no problems with it.

I am keeping an eye on the A/C Power Adapter issue and wait to see how Dell will fix it.

Hope those who ordered will get yours soon.

19 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 22:00

Good news! My system is with the courier and I will be getting it on Monday. :emotion-1:

I'll update again when i actually get hold of it and let you guys know whether Dell ironed out most of the problems.

(They better have, considering it was a 1 month wait)

8 Posts

February 20th, 2010 16:00

7 weeks for me and still waiting :emotion-12: I think this will be my last Dell, just not worth the frustration of customer service. If it doesn't ship this coming week I wont accept the delivery if and when it does show and go ahead and order through sony or hp.

flynte

13 Posts

February 20th, 2010 21:00

Ordered 2/16/10, currently "In Production" with an estimated delivery date of 3/5/10.

No Events found!