Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2010 06:00

Shipping with UPS issue

I ordered two new Dell desktops systems (one for me and the other for my son) on the 26th of February. On the 27th, I received and e-mail saying that the surge protectors would be shipped to me by March 1st. That afternoon, I received and e-mail saying that said that no-one was home, and that they'd try again the next day (which was odd since I was home all day). On 2nd Mar., I saw on the site that the package was signed for and delivered to someone I didn't know. I went to UPS to see what the issue was, and they gave me and e-mail address and an 800 number to call. The next day, I got an e-mail from UPS saying that it was delivered to the wrong address, but I'll have to call Dell to begin and investigation. After several useless web pages, I finally reported the issue, and received and auto response saying that they would contact me within 24 hours of reporting the issue. I'm still waiting. I know some will say that it's just surge protectors, but you have to remember that it was the first part of an order. If they botched this up should I cancel my order now, request changing my shipping method, or try and call the BBB (Better Business Bureau) on UPS? 

Is there and (800) number I can call Dell directly?

75 Posts

March 5th, 2010 07:00

Sorry to read about your shipping problem but it seems to me that UPS is at fault here for delivering your package to the wrong address and you should press them to correct their mistake.

With that said, I am "shocked" that Dell would ship my $2043 Studio XPS 16 laptop to my home address w/FedEx and only require an "indirect" (meaning a neighbor or a note left on my door) signature for delivery.

$2043 (?) is a significant purchase for me and I believe Dell needs to reconsider their shipping procedures regarding this issue.

No Events found!