Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2008 11:00

This community thing is a waste of time and it does not work

Links from the support page do not display.  What is displayed is my page. Who thought this is a good idea????? If this is not supposed to happen, fix it now.

I DO NOT CARE who is online. And the pop-ups require closing. Waste of time.

The cloud is a waste of space.

And so on.

I need SUPPORT for fixing DELL computers. I do not want to log in from 2 dozens clients' offices to be able to view posted messages that will help me support DELL computers.

AND: If the messages are not to be available to guests then THE LINKS DISPLAYED FROM SEARCHING TO THE "FORUMS" SHOULD NOT BE LISTED UNDER THE HELP AND SUPPORT TAB.

And the links should display the forum messages not my page.

AND: Leave all the BLOOOOOOGGGGG stuff at the coffee houses. I need information about computers not who's hangin' at Dell.

Bad choice of software and poor implimentation.

799 Posts

November 25th, 2008 11:00

I DO NOT CARE who is online. And the pop-ups require closing.

Hello jm666, I agree with you about the pop-ups. They are very annoying to me. However the "Who's Online" feature is extremely useful to many, but maybe not you. We all need to keep in mind that this is a new Forum, and as such, will need, and does have, much to be done to make it as useable friendly as possible. I am sure this is taking place as we attempt to use it. It will get better, and already has, in just this short period of time. I haven't given up just yet. I am a member of ten different Forums, and they all had and have problems from time to time. That is just the nature of Forums. I am sure things will get better soon.

16 Posts

November 30th, 2008 14:00

And today I cannot display a list of forums.

I choose to view list instead of the CLOUD, and I then click server, and next is a page to "Browse Site by Tag."

This is stupidty.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 30th, 2008 16:00

Dell is aware of the search function. It still searches the old forums, now removed. It redirects you back to here. Try searching the forums by clicking in the upper right corner. All the old posts have been migrated to the new forum. Searching for them, for now is hit and miss. I usually search for one of my old posts, I type what I am searching for and add PudgyOne after it. It brings up many pages of my items, so if you can try limiting the search to say a model number and something that should be unique to the post you're looking for, you may be able to find it quicker. A Google search may bring up the search for you quicker. After you search, for the first time, at the bottom of the page, you'll see more search options, this may also help.

List of Forums

I usually click on the Tech Support Topics(in the black section) to get back to the list of Forums.

Welcome to the Community? (New Uses are there)

Rick

No Events found!