Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2009 14:00

Vostro 2510

I just ordered a vostro 2510 and was curiose if anyone has had any issues with the production/shipping time.  The estimated time of arrival is 3 weeks away.  that just seems a little long for a delivery.  I was also wondering if anyone has gotten any delays on their order.

5 Posts

April 29th, 2009 11:00

I also just ordered the 2510 on April 22nd and am looking at 16 days for my estimated delivery time, which seems pretty long, but at least you aren't alone! Also, I think they stopped major production on this model, because it's no longer offered except in the Dell Outlet. Literally the day after I ordered mine, it wasn't on the site anymore!

I obviously can't say how I like it yet, but I can say I'm excited to get it for many reasons. I found a deal at GotApex.com and saved a ton of money. Plus, this computer has many features that are either impossible to find or VERY expensive on other sites or for other brands. Firewire, slot-load CD/DVD and Windows XP Pro are the 3 biggest for what I do (digital audio recording) so that alone was enough to sell me (I also did 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Fingerprint reader- I got peripherals and a case on eBay). I just started a new business, so it's important that I actually have a usable machine. My Inspiron E1505 is getting a little beat, so I upgraded to something that will perform and look much more professional!

I'm excited to hear about your new machine and how you like it. What are you going to use it for?

30 Posts

April 29th, 2009 13:00

I actually just got an email today saying it was shipped via fedex.  It was a complete shock since it had an estimated delivery date of 5/08/09 and when i called the order processing number it said that my order was still being processed.  So to get that email this morning was a great thing.  So i should be recieving it tomorrow and i can't wait.  I am going to be using it for school.  I attend a computer school and we are required to have a dell computer to use strictly for school.  I had ordered it off of dells website and as far as i know it is still available on their website.  Mine cost me $740 after taxes.  How much did yours cost?  I have the same setup as yours.  I will def. let you know what i think of it once i get it up and running.

14 Posts

April 29th, 2009 13:00

I would love it if you guys could post your thoughts about this machine. I have been considering it for a while (I also am looking at a business machine that can pull double duty as my mobile audio recording station, I've got a D531 refurb and it's showing it's age!) but I can't find any reviews of it online. I'm mostly concerned about it's durability; is it going to hold up to being used on the road, etc. I'm not looking for a Tuffbook or ATG suit, just something that isn't going to creak, flex, and eventually crack.

Of course I'd have to purchase from the outlet but I was already planning on that.

Thanks!

5 Posts

April 29th, 2009 14:00

That's great! Hopefully I'll be getting a similar email soon! I remember my Inspiron arrived very quickly after it shipped, so I'm just getting anxious! I have the same estimated delivery date of 5/8- hopefully that's not the case.

My system was $727 after taxes. Plus I opted to get the Magellan GPS for $59 or whatever it was. So a decent setup for under $800 (barely). GotApex basically makes people aware of deals they wouldn't normally. Sometimes deals you can't get just by going through the site. Whatever.. a good deal is a good deal.

Have fun when you get it! Keep us posted!

30 Posts

April 29th, 2009 14:00

Yea i actually just looked on the dell website and did see that they no longer have it available.  Im not sure why that is.  But from what i have seen from peoples reviews is that it is a very durable machine.  I will def. let you know my thoughts on this laptop. 

30 Posts

April 30th, 2009 13:00

So it arrived today.  Dell actually did a great job getting the computer to me fast.  I saw a lot of people on these forums saying how their orders were being delayed and taking forever to get their orders.  I was getting worried that my order would take forever too.  but i guess i was just being paranoid.  This computer is great.  It is very sturdy.  I couldn't be any happier.

14 Posts

April 30th, 2009 14:00

I'm looking forward to a machine that feels like it can take a little abuse (although it will receive none from me!)

Hee hee! I know that feeling!

7 Posts

I am one more waiting for my vostro 2510. My date is 5/13 but i have urgent need for the laptop. I contacted dell they said it will be dispatched sooner. Happy to see positive comments for this model and the best thing i read in some blog that the base doesnt get heated up. I was facing real hard time with my vaio fe series always the base gets heated up to the extreme yet no problems wih its performance though.

Waiting for my new laptop hope it turns out good for me

14 Posts

That sounds awesome! Very happy for you. Could you comment on the quality of the keyboard? I keep hearing that the Vostro keyboards are junk, but that may be just the opinions of Thinkpad fanboys that would prefer everything made out of concrete (I'm kidding, I'm kidding...).

Otherwise it sounds like this might make mt shortlist (from the outlet, of course)...

5 Posts

Glad to hear it's a sturdy machine. That would be my biggest complaint about my Inspiron- it just feels flimsy. My brother picked up a Latitude recently and the difference was night and day. I'm looking forward to a machine that feels like it can take a little abuse (although it will receive none from me!). Congrats! And enjoy!

30 Posts

April 30th, 2009 19:00

You know the bottom does stay cooler than other laptops i had in the past.  But as far as the keyboard, i would say it is cheap in comparison to ones i had in the past.  But its nothing to cry over.  But dont worry it can def take abuse!

5 Posts

May 1st, 2009 06:00

I just got my 'shipped' email! WOO! It's in Nashville on it's way to New York! I think it should be here by Monday. That makes 12 days ordered to received. Which I suppose isn't all that bad.. but it certainly feels like forever! I'll post from my new machine when it arrives!

7 Posts

May 1st, 2009 08:00

I ordered on April 23 and estimated date is May 13. Fuilive did on 22nd and estimated date is May 8. Thats quite long for making it 22 days for me. I am eagerly waiting for the shipping mail. My work is getting delayed coz i need to setup lots of stuff not sure when i would get it

30 Posts

May 1st, 2009 10:00

So far these machines have been coming sooner they they estimate.  ine was estimated for may 8th but i got it yesterday april 30th.  So i wouldnt stress to much.  You will def. get it sooner then your estimated date.

7 Posts

May 6th, 2009 16:00

I called up customer care he told me they will be shipping in 2 or 3 business days. I will not be getting the earlier shipping advantage. My estimated date is May 13 so it would be the same i guess.

No Events found!