Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2015 16:00

Was new to the community a year ago and still NEW . .

I am just confused by this Community layout.  Never found an area that covered my desktop with my issue nor a REPLY button to start another thread.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 3rd, 2015 07:00

LxCc

See if this fix can help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Also, it's better to download all the drivers and updates directly from Dell's download site and not use a third party service

For more information, it's best to post this in the Microsoft OS Forum here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524.aspx

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 1st, 2015 20:00

LxCc

What is the model of the Dell computer, you have?

You can find an excellent guide to the forum, Here:

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-groups/new-to-community/f/3511/t/19588174

Bev.

45 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 14:00

Bev,

System is OptiPlex 960 Win 7 PRO SP1 there have been several suggesting the use of Driver UPDATES, but; that is part of my issue, my Admin access keeps telling me "The User Profile Service service failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded."  When attempting to install updates that require Admin Password through the UAC  . .  just downloaded the latest version 2.1.8.1057 to install, ERROR box with message "ShellExcuteEx failed; Code 2. The system cannot find the file specified."  That file is 'mbam-setup-2.1.8.1057.exe size 23,776 KB.  I purchased the MBAM PRO Life Time Updates and they rolled it over to this Premium.

For some reasonWindows cannot find any thing on the drive to run except what is in the BOOT up and like my FF v38.0.5 and my Email client, Pegasus Mail.

Excuse me for taking so long to get back to you as I have been  chasing many different avenues to attempt to clear up this problem.  I can view my Admin limited access from my limited user access and have been making comparing different files and what they contain with my laptop.  Laptop works just fine desktop is not DEAD but cannot trust it on the web.

45 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 09:00

"Bev,"

Not only the Drivers but any other software you use should be updated ONLY from the creator's website, NONE OTHER will due, toooo much trash, not listing any of them because the list is TOOOO lllooonnnggg.

Have done the µbarf (Microsoft) Community and they missunderstood what I had posted accusing me of USING ADMIN to surf the web which is the MAJOR NO NO NO when it comes to doing anything online.  All they suggest is RE-install,

I digress a bit here, my training is Electronics, Journeyman Electronics/w computer logic, IC chips, et ceteras . . over 65 years experience/w hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, list is too long here as well.  Started working with computers about 1973, Data General 19" 64bit Main Frame/w I/O Teletype, before using a monitor.  Transitioned into desktops and was Manager of a small Buroughs O/S of 36 dumb terminals for tracking about 85,000 calibrated, maintenance and repair of all test equipment for Kelly, A.F.B. Tx with some fly-ins from around the World. About $100,000,000 worth of products.  Started surfing the net in DOS 3.1 before color monitors, green screens.  Oh, the WWW (World Wide Web) had not been setup nor Windows.  Also an analyst and like to troubleshoot these issues.  Help friends, neighbors, and Family with computer problems.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 3rd, 2015 14:00

LxCc

Bev.

No Events found!