Cagirl2007
1 Copper

What is the best Anti-Virus Software Program I can buy or download for free?

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 computer, it has an Intel Pentium 4, CPU with 2.80 GHz, Processor Speed is 2.73 GHz, Memory is 512 MB and the Operating System I am using is

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

I would like to know what are some of the best Anti-Virus (free downloads) or programs that I can buy now? I would like it to include Firewall Protection.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frances

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: What is the best Anti-Virus Software Program I can buy or download for free?

Fances,

I really like using FREE Avast Home Edition for my virus protection. The real-time scanner has been a real big help at catching things before they happen. The FREE version does not have a firewall. For a firewall, I used to use Zone Alarm on my XP Machine.

You will get different answers from different members. I know Norton and McAfee slow the computer down. I did, at one time use Norton and somewhat liked it, but like I said, it slowed down the computer.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Re: What is the best Anti-Virus Software Program I can buy or download for free?

Cagirl2007

Check out Avira and AVG.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thereal-dbk4297
4 Ruthenium

Hi,

Take a look at Kaspersky.

One of the highest rated AVs each year, and you can use the program on up to three systems at the same time.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
Toshiba Tecra M1
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
  Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos