Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2013 13:00

What should I choose for home movie/video editing?

My old dell is too slow now and I'm looking for a new one...possibly the XPS 8600

I need a computer that will handle video/photo editing.  I used movie maker but understand that no longer comes with Windows so i've got to figure out a comparable video editing software program (any suggestions)?

I want an i7, 16GB, Windows 7 (do not like 8), Video card(suggestions please).

Can anyone who does video editing help me?  

I have a MAC...it's a great computer except for imovie...it stinks!

Thanks

Dee

2.6K Posts

February 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hello Dee,

Last release from Dell was XPS 8500 and then came XPS 8500 Special Edition - Enhanced. This is a powerful performance system. 
It comes with:
-- 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770 processor (up to 3.90 GHz) 
-- 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs
-- 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + Intel SRT 32GB SSD Cache 

Regarding Video Card, you may choose any of the following: 
-- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5
-- AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5
-- AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5

I would also like to inform you about the Operating System. These days all Dell Systems are shipped with Windows8. However if you do not want windows8 and want the system to shipped with Windows7, you may contact our sales team (Click to Chat (24/7) or Call 1-877-717-3355) and place the order as per your needs. 
**NOTE: The option for choosing Windows7 as the Operating System is unavailable for online shopping.

Please write back for further questions. 

2.6K Posts

February 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi Dee,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

No Events found!