Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2009 21:00

XPS 630i

I have a shiny new XPS 630i running on Vista , which is great, except that I am having great difficulty in transferring third-party software and applications from my Dimension 8300 running on Windows XP.  

I bought a Belkin Easy Transfer cable after being advised by the local Dell kiosk in Queensland that I could then down-load the related Easy Transfer Companion software from the Microsoft down-load site which would handle the transfer issue for third-party software and applications.   Unfortunately, Microsoft took the Easy Transfer Companion off their web-site back in 2007 so I am stuck as Mr Gates and his mates have arranged that most software designed for XP is incompatible with Vista!  

In some cases you can get something to make it run - I was told that it would take a 6-hour down-load from the Pinnacle website to enable me to run my Studio 10 Plus software to make DVDs from my camcorder films.   After 5 hours it dropped off so it looks as if I will have to buy new software.   In the same way I have just spent $27 to get a CD from Canon so that I can use the Canon Zoom browser with Vista.

Any suggestions would be Easy Transfer Companion much appreciated

No Responses!
No Events found!