Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

March 11th, 2020 15:00

Your community web site is broken

I was on here 2 days ago and could see all my private communications and reply/interact with Dell staff.

Not today - different layout  and no option to SEND a reply to last private contact.

• 

25K Posts

Hi,
I will try sending you a private message. Could you try responding to that?
Regards,
Mausam

5 Posts

Hi Mausam,

There is no send button on the screen (just one of the problems with the new layout). There is just a text box with "Reply" as prompt text in it. Return moves you to the next line..

I have tried this on Firefox and Chrome and on 2 monitors (because one was at 125% and I thought it might be that...which it isn't).

Have you just pushed out changes in the last day or so to the site ? Have you / are you logging in as a user (to see what I am seeing ) ?

Bob.

• 

25K Posts

March 11th, 2020 16:00

Hi,
You could click on Dell cares and then there will be a drop-down where Dellcares will be selected. Select Private Message from the available options and you will be able to send us a private message.

Regards,
Mausam

• 

25K Posts

March 11th, 2020 17:00

The Private message option feature appears for me. You could try after some time.
We're still waiting for an update regarding your query. We will inform you once we hear from our team.
Regards,
Mausam

5 Posts

March 11th, 2020 17:00

No, clicking on Dell-Cares just brings you to the "about dell cares" page. ( and you can't select any previous messages / you can only see the last and the beginning of the previous ones in the list )....

It doesn't matter, I just need an answer to the external monitor resolution limits issue I was waiting on / trying to follow up on earlier: was the original info that the max res is 1920x1080 correct  ?

159 Posts

March 11th, 2020 22:00

I am also having problems receiving and sending private messages in the T3500 forum.  No links buttons exist for that purpose.  Looking around,  I found https://www.dell.com/community/notes/privatenotespage,

It lists my messages.  There is a box to compose an answer, but no button to send it.

• 

25K Posts

Hello, could you try the same link with a different browser?

• 

25K Posts

You may also refer to the thread here:- https://dell.to/2U0sRWW

24 Posts

March 12th, 2020 04:00

I've tried in four browsers and there's no option to reply to messages. There's a reply text box and no option to send the message. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 12th, 2020 12:00

We have escalated this Forum software issue. It has nothing to do with your PC or operating system.

No Events found!