Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

3 Posts

December 31st, 2008 10:00

how to cancel my order?

I need to cancel my order and there is no information on the Dell Customer Service webpage, , I tried calling the customers service and i either getting a message that they are closed or my call is transferred & hung-up.  the order date is12/30/2008. So how can I cancel that order?? ASAP

Thanks.

4 Posts

February 17th, 2009 08:00

Thanks to Debbie G's help my order was finally cancelled on 2/16/09.
So, magic number of 6 calls seem to work (not immediately, but close enought).
It's sad, that one has to waste so much time and effort to achieve what essentially could be done with a click of a button (had such button existed).
DELL should rethink their customer service outsourcing policies. No cost cutting measures would be effective, if there is no loyal customers left.

4 Posts

February 17th, 2009 09:00

My guess would be because Debbie G is an US employee of DELL, while customer service reps are employees of a major or not-so-major outsourcing company.
Those guys in India doesn't have sufficient level of authorization in the order tracking system to make any changes (beyond attaching comments), so orders they are dealing with are indeed "read only", and that is true for the first level reps as well for their immediate managers. So, whenever you are talking to a "manager" one level up, it's equally useless, as that person still doesn't have required level of authority.
So, it order to change/cancel order, the call needs to be transferred one or more levels higher to a DELL employee in the US, but that would negatively affect outsourcing partner statistics (which is the only thing that outsourcing partner cares about). Plus, the call center in India has internal policies to keep the number or cancellations close to zero, which employees over there don't dare to violate (which very well may be a cultural thing). In the end what you get is an "unusual" customer service experience.
The above may be a bit stretched, but it seems to fit the observed behavioral pattern.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2009 11:00

Debbie,

I need some help with a similar problem.  I placed an order, hours later I noticed that my debit card had been charged the full amount, $1300.  It was supposed to go on my Dell Preferred account.  I've called 4 times without luck.  I'm told they can't cancel the order becaues of "security reasons."  I was fortunate enough to get a US rep at one point, but she was with "business accounts" and couldn't help me so she transferred me to the "outsourced" division which ended up telling me the same thing.  I just want the stupid billing changed to Dell account.  Please help!!!!!!!!

1 Message

February 23rd, 2009 11:00

Call your bank and report an unauthorized purchase on your account. They will be able to revers it.

1 Message

February 26th, 2009 11:00

The runaround is frustrating. I called to cancel my order and the rep told me that even though the order was still in production, I could not cancel it. Now reading here I read that I could still cancel. Is it so hard to find reps that are more helpful?

1 Message

February 27th, 2009 12:00

Hello there,

I just placed an order for an LCD monitor and need to cancel due to an inconvenient situation.  I'm stationed overseas and don't have access to Dell's 0-800 numbers.  I've emailed Dell customer service 3 times already and haven't received a response.  I see that DELL Debbie G is very helpful in resolving issues here, but every time I try to send her a message, I get a blank white page and can't do anything with it.  It is important that this order gets cancelled.  DELL Debbie G, if you're reading this, can you please help me?

Thank you,

S.

1 Message

March 11th, 2009 15:00

I am going to try and cancel as well, I have tried to contact CS a number of times with no success, emails are not responded to as stated in their autoreply.

1 Message

March 16th, 2009 03:00

Hi Debbie,

I recently placed an order with Dell and I didi not get a good e-mail confirmation (just a grey line), so I placed the order again. The next day (Saturday) I found 2 mails confirming I had now purchased 2 lap tops. I tried to phone straight away but the office was closed. I sent an e-mail in an attempt to cancel 1. I have yet to have a response. I phoned today to follow up and after getting transferred 3 times managed to talk to somebody who could not help. I could not cancel my order and I would have to take delivery and then send it back. How stupid!

Is there any way you can help on this please?

Yours very frustrated. Wooty1

70 Posts

March 16th, 2009 06:00

Wooty -

You can call this number:  1-800-247-2076 Option #2

This number takes you to a Dell customer service line for changing orders made online.  I've cancelled orders with them in the past and never had any problems....the typical individual that answers from this line will have a spanish accent so I believe they're from a North American call center.

From my understanding the call center from India will refuse to cancel orders for some reason....which is crazy to expect customers to pay a 15% restocking fee for a mistake on an order.....not goood.

Call that number - you shouldn't have any problems cancelling one of your orders....

2 Posts

March 16th, 2009 10:00

To anyone who wants to cancel an order call 1-800-247-2076 option 2, I did this and you can talk to someone who speaks English and is very helpful!!!!!!!! I don't know why Dell doesn't have this number on their site.

Carol Middleton

1 Message

March 16th, 2009 11:00

Hi did dell refund ur fullmoney after cancelling

2 Posts

March 16th, 2009 11:00

I only wanted to cancel my order because the deliverly date was March 31 and I was going to be out of state, so if it isn't delivered before I leave for vacation the guy I talked to assured me I could cancel my order. So will have to see if I need to cancel my oder.  Like I stated the guy was really nice and said you could cancel your order if it was still in production. Help this helps.

Carol

2 Posts

March 17th, 2009 10:00

Hi Debbie,

I really need your help.  It's ridiculous that Dell does not allow people to cancel their orders even when they want to cancel just moments after placing the order.  I have tried contacting the Dell Customer Service department, and they told me that if all items to build a pc are in stock, the item is considered to be in production and cannot be cancelled.  I ordered a PC, but afterwards I wanted to upgrade the video card and then I ordered another pc with the video card upgrade thinking that I could cancel the first order, but I can't!  I can't afford to pay for two PC's!  Please help me!  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jarred Taing

2 Posts

March 17th, 2009 11:00

Hi Debbie,

I used the phone number listed by one of the other posters and I was able to cancel the order very quickly.  Thanks though!

Jarred

14 Posts

March 17th, 2009 22:00

I guess Debbie G got too many calls and couldn't do her work. Now she can't help you anymore.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19262647.aspx

she listed a number in her post...

No Events found!