mariss
1 Nickel

need to cancel my order

i placed an order for fuji s1000fd digital camera couple of hours ago.after i placed the order i decided to change the shipping method because i wanted to make sure the camera gets here before christmas,i didn't know it takes 2 days before they even send the order out.well first i e-mailed customer support,then i called....i got transfered 3 times and then the call dropped.i called back again i got transfered 3 times again between the calls i was on hold for over 30 min only to find out that i can't change anything anymore.so i need this order cancelled so that i can order it again.because there is no other choice.does anybody know how long does it take before i get me money back?can i cancel my order online?  thanks

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Thereal-dbk4297
4 Ruthenium

Re: need to cancel my order

Hello,

You will need to call and talk to a live person to cancel an order.

It might take a week or more for a credit to your card or account. Sorry. emoticon.WiltedFlower.title

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
Toshiba Tecra M1
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
  Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

mariss
1 Nickel

getting through there is a big pain.plus the connection is horrible most of the time i couldn't even understand what they said.guess i have to try again.just really frustrating.thanks

0 Kudos

Hi mariss,

Message me with your Dell order number and I'll see if canceling your order is still an option.  If not, you may need to refuse the delivery if you decide you still do not want the order. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Hi mariss,

Message me with your Dell order number and I'll see if cancelling your order is still an option.  If not, you may need to refuse the delivery if you decide you still do not want the order. 

Thank you,

Debbie, great to see that DELL is indeed monitoring and lurking (in a good way) in the forums.  I know you don't hear it alot, but THANKS!  emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos

ApproachingZeroHour,

You're welcome and thanks for noticing.

0 Kudos
ElizabethUCLA
1 Copper

Hello, I have a problem as well in cancelling my order. I ordered it today an hour ago.

PLease help!

0 Kudos
refugeelawyer
1 Copper

My experience cancelling an order is even more frustrating.  After placing an order with a customer service representative, he informed me that HE ordered the wrong part.  However, instead of fixing his mistake, he informed me that I had to call another department (Customer Care) to have this wrong order cancelled.  After calling customer care, the representative told me that the order could not be cancelled and that I could "just return it" when it arrives.  This is not customer "service."

0 Kudos
mariss
1 Nickel

Jesus!That's horrible.What is wrong with these people?I couldn't cancel my order either.by the time i actually got to talk to somebody they told me it was too late.....it was not my fault that i couldn't get through or that their service is so poor.unfortunately i placed another order before to make sure that it'll make it here for Christmas.I have ordered from 8 different places this month alone and i had no problems with anything.i did have to cancel one order which i made through Overstock,but it was really easy,because they actually have a cancel button next to an order until it ships.

i am sorry you had to go through with this.i'll send mine back as soon as possible and hopefully get my money back!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
europa303
5 Tungsten

Exactly why the ONLY thing I will order from Dell is computers, which I configure online and do not deal with any sales people.  That way I get what I myself have ordered.  Not sure what benefit there is to order cameras, TV's, etc. from Dell who drop-ships anyway.