Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2008 08:00

not that intuitive

many of us participated in the old forums: I support change and hopefully this is just growing pains but much about the new site is not intuitive, even for those of us tech savvy enought o come to a site like this in the first place

my frustration today comes from not being able to retrieve nor reply to message posted to the old site despite following all the links as per the directions posted here -- it won't let me log in and eventually links me back here -- great.

My apologies to Bill-M for not replying to your messages and those who responded to my post on my XPS1530 -- can't retrieve those either....

47 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 13:00

It's not surprising to me that the one place users of Dell products can go to get good advice, and non users can go to see what Dell has set up to help users of Dells to get help, has been completely retardicised. There is no other word for the way this forum is now set up. ***. Looks more like they just want to change it so they can attach your user name to your official Dell account. Wouldn't this effectively kick out non Dell owners from the forum as well? Those are usually the ones most knowledgable about better products that Dell should stive to be better at. Well, this was a great forum, but going from a great drop down of what your product is, to big bold and different shaped words all over the screen, is just another reason I will never buy another dell. So much for finding a place to ask about turbo memory, looking to plug two of em in and see if they work together. I'll just have to post it up on another vendor site. Which may be the next company I purchase from.

387 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 16:00

Looks more like they just want to change it so they can attach your user name to your official Dell account. Wouldn't this effectively kick out non Dell owners from the forum as well?

That's a good question, stlcraft. However, I don't see anything in the account creation that requires a forum member to be a Dell owner, only that they register an account. It would be interesting to know if anyone that doesn't have a Dell has had any issues but I'm not seeing any reason why that should be a problem. The only thing that Dell owners would have different is that their system information would also be linked to the same account as their forum information as far I can tell.

No Events found!