Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2014 12:00

(redirected) Dell XPS 2710 All in one

Two years ago I purchased direct from Dell Computer two XPS 2710 in One computers within six months of each other.  When I purchased the original unit it was the top of the new line of all in one computers and since I have purchased no fewer than twelve Dell Computers directly from Dell in the last seven years for my home business and gifts and have always been very satisfied with the products I began using the unit Service tag 8GNLBQ1.  About six months ago or eighteen months after purchase I began to notice that both sides of the monitor were becoming dimmer.   I decided to call a reputable service person who works on my computers regularly.   When he ran a diagnostic on the unit he said the monitor screen was going and he also checked some back lights which have a history of failing.   After looking at the unit he said I needed to contact Dell and he felt I would want to have them work on this machine as it is an all in one unit so monitor and tower are combined in one unit which has a beautiful design but might be hard to work on.  Upon contacting Dell and after speaking to six people in the customer service department I was told the machine which is two years old is obsolete and they do not stock parts nor will they try to procure parts or service them.  So basically I asked my last service representative what I should do and he said I might get in touch with the Geek Squad they may be able to get the part.  MAY but probably not.  So I asked him could Dell try to get the replacement part and do the service?  No he said the model is at the end of life.  END OF LIFE.  Two years old and I have a three thousand dollar paper weight.  Everyone I spoke with at the Dell Customer Service Facilities was located in India, everyone I spoke with basically told me Dell really does not care about a good customer who owns more than one of these machines.  The company line is a two year old computer which had just been introduced a year before that was at the END OF LIFE.  Another words Dell Computer manufactured these units and they have design flaws which are fatal and they do not stand behind their products.  The monitor on normal computers can easily be replaced just buy a new one but with these machines you cannot replace the monitor because it is All In One.  Beautiful as it is it is a pretty expensive paper weight.  Sad Dell does not care about the customer or its reputation in this case just run as quickly as you can from a faulty design. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 21st, 2014 12:00

Best to post this thread in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!