Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2015 10:00

why should i renew my dell laptop warranty, what are the benefits ?

Iam from India.

I have a Dell-Inspiron-3521 (win-8.1 , touch-screen) laptop.

It's almost an-year since i bought this laptop & the warranty is about to expire on 07February2015.

I want to know the benefits of renewing my subscription OR what happens if anyone has a warranty on his/her laptop?

i.e., customer gets free or cheap replacements for batteries etc... OR it's the same cost to repair your laptop whether it's under warranty ot not...???

MY WARRANTY DETAILS ARE ;

Service Provider                                                                          Start date                                       End date

LS (no description available) DELL                          February 07, 2014                     February 07, 2015

POW (Parts Only Warranty) DELL                          November 07, 2014                     February 07, 2015

NBD (Next Business Day on-site) DELL                  November 07, 2014                     February 07, 2015

Accidental Damage Service DELL                          November 07, 2014                     February 07, 2015

I WILL APPRECIATE ANY KIND OF HELP or you guys can share your own experience here w.r.t. dell-warranty (since i have very little-time left to make a decision.)

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 24th, 2015 16:00

Batteries are usually classified as consumables and usually covered only for 1 year standard regardless of warranty for the system.

The warranty will be for the rest of the systems hardware only; Dell will replace for example the motherboard, hard drive, CPU, screen, charger if they fail. These can be costly for the user to source and replace manually.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 24th, 2015 21:00

pkmishra86

Whenever I buy a Laptop, it will have a three/four year extended warranty with it.

Unlike Desktops, Laptops are easily damaged and can be expensive to repair. 

Bev.

7 Posts

January 24th, 2015 14:00

lol......

the community is same as dell's customer-service....

HOPELESS !!!

7 Posts

January 25th, 2015 10:00

pkmishra86

Whenever I buy a Laptop, it will have a three/four year extended warranty with it.

Unlike Desktops, Laptops are easily damaged and can be expensive to repair. 

Bev.

Thank you.

7 Posts

January 25th, 2015 10:00

Batteries are usually classified as consumables and usually covered only for 1 year standard regardless of warranty for the system.

The warranty will be for the rest of the systems hardware only; Dell will replace for example the motherboard, hard drive, CPU, screen, charger if they fail. These can be costly for the user to source and replace manually.

THANKYOU

No Events found!