Highlighted
vgratias
1 Copper

xps600 hard drive failure or motherboard failure or just a missing driver...

Out of the blue an error message popped up "NTLDR missing cannot continue"

computer person checks out computer says hard drive is bad  [Sata]

Get new WD sata hard drive

get errors that the computer can't find a hard drive in order to load the operating system too.

Tech support from Western Digital  sends me to senior suppost

His end help was "my motherboard drivers need to be updated".  [I am an pretty good novice and knew I was being blown off--you can't load a driver to a mother board when you don't have an operating system--so I knew I was in a negative circle].

Then Dell paid tech support: checked the memory sticks, reset the system by pulling out and reinstalling battery [was I just doing b.s. stuff to be appeased?]  My original operating system cd would not start up...error message "NTLDR missing.."  However window 2000 professional operating system cd would load up, but when I hit enter to set it up received the error that a hard drive could not be found and f3 to quit was my only option.

Dells tech told me my mother board was bad and needed to replace it.

Dells parts dept. then told me the part was not in inventory but if it were it would cost $700.00.

So I don't believe that my mother board is bad, I don't think my hard drives are bad, I don't think I trust tech support.

Yet, I need some help.

Anybody have my issues and a resolution??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ieee488
5 Iridium

Re: xps600 hard drive failure or motherboard failure or just a missing driver...

0 Kudos