Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2008 19:00

Alert System Battery Voltage is Low HELP!

I have read several posts about this problem but cannot find the "tutorial" for replacement of the c-mos battery for my Demension 8250.  Contacted online support this evening which was a complete joke.  SANDEEP needs to learn how to type and send me to the right link for replacement of this battery.  Instead I was sent to a link that told me how to replace the hard drive.  Can anybody out there please help me with this problem.  I am new to the DELL Community so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

6.4K Posts

November 30th, 2008 20:00

The CMOS cell for the Dimension 8250 is a CR2032.  For the location, look about a fourth of the way down this page for the main board layout:  Tech Overview. 

It's in the circle labeled "Battery Socket".

The Dimension 8250 service guide doesn't seem to have a section on replacing the battery, but it's fairly simple.  The plastic holder will have a metal tab at one side that you must pull away from the cell to allow it to be removed from the socket.  While doing this you must have the power completely removed and follow precautions with regard to static electricity.  If you need a tool to facilitate removal of the battery, it must be non-conductive.  The new battery must be placed back into the socket facing the same way as the original.  You should be able to see the " + " symbol when the battery is properly installed. This page from the Dimension 2400 service guide is an example:  Battery Replacement <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.  Your Dimension 8250 should be the same.

6.4K Posts

December 2nd, 2008 07:00

Happy I could help.  Good luck!

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 07:00

Thank you so much for your help!!!:emotion-2:  Too bad the people at Dell can't hire anybody that has any clue how to answer technical questions.

No Events found!