Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2010 01:00

Confused about my order status.

So I place my order for an AlienWare M15X on October 1st. It's a big deal for me I have never ordered or even owned a computer this expensive. I place my order and I had great service on the phone. A couple of days go by and I decide I want to upgrade to an Intel Core i7 940XM and a blue ray player. So I phone in and I don't get the person to the first time. I get someone else. This person explains that I have to cancel my order and then resubmit an order. I don't quite get this but what the hell do I know. 

So the order is cancelled and he starts the new order. We go through the whole order process again, until we get to the payment. You see we are now "holding" the funds on my credit card. Yet the previous order has not been returned. So he tries the credit card, again, and again and again. Then he says "Why don't you have more money?".

I advise him this is a big purchase for me, this is alot of money, and I don't have a credit card limit that can afford two expensive laptops. He is frustrated, at this exact moment my other line beeps. I answer it. "Hi sir this MasterCard, are you making a purchase online".

Turns out the guy kept trying to put the order through. I told him. I didnt need a new order, just add to my existing order. He doesnt get it. I email the person from my first order Vijay. What is going on. He emails me back and tells me to try the order again in a couple of days. Ok no problem. I understand.

So I call Vijay back, we do the order with the new adjustments. Everything is ok. I follow the order on the dell website. I see it go from "order processing" to "in production" I see a delivery date. I am getting excited. I have never owned a computer of this caliber before. I even write a positive email about the support I got from VIjay.

A few days goes by and I check the status. I see Cancelled? What? I email, I phone, it's a holiday in Canada so I wait until yesterday. I phone in and ask why it's been cancelled. No one knows. I get an email from Vijay. It says nothing. It's just a new order. No explanation nothing. Exact same order except the final amount is less? I am now reallly confused. I look through the new order and I see where I ordered Office 2010 home and business. It's been changed to Office 2007 Basic.

I send an email to Vijay asking why? He calls me back and explains that they don't have Office 2010 home and business. So they put in a new order that has Office 2007 basic and I can just upgrade it when I get it. I am thinking, what? Dell doesn't have a copy of office 2010 home and business? But they still have copies of office 2007. I inform him I don't understand and he explains it again to me "they don't have 2010, it's ok though. You just upgrade it when you get it"

He hangs up the phone and I sit down on my computer. I look up upgrading from office 2007 basic to office 2010 home and business. However Microsoft offers the free upgrade from office 2007 to office 2010 until the end of September 2010. So I am to late. So I have to go pay now $279.00 to upgrade? When the amount of money taken of my first order was $54.88. Are you kidding me? Plus my order is now in the processing part again.

Frustrated because I clearly explained what I wanted. I am a person with a disability. I survived a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) I am going to be running a marathon a day across Canada in 2011. So I will be running for 7 months straight. I will be video taping, and taking pictures of my run. All the people I meet. I needed a pc that will run Photoshop and HD recordings and allow me to edit them and post them. I don't want to have any issues with my pc. So I got some funds togethers, some friends gave me some money. Lot's of support and donations. Now I have to tell them, not only will I not get the computer here like we planned, but we are going to have to shell out another $200.00? 

I don't get it? Can someone explain to me why Dell production centre doesn't have a copy of Office 2010 home and business? If I have to buy it myself it will cost me so much money. My blog http://daves-runtoremember.blogspot.com/

2.3K Posts

October 14th, 2010 13:00

Hello temporalloe9,

Welcome to the forum. This is a user to user forum. I have emailed a moderator and hopefully they can help you.

Teddi

October 14th, 2010 14:00

Thanks Teddi. Kind of new to whole community thing. So I apologize if I posted in the wrong spot. 

I did just get a response from Vijay

HI Dave,

I am sorry for the late reply. I just got into office . Sir  the order got cancelled by the production department and not by me . Because from my side I added the Office 2010 for you when booking the order but was it was not available so they had to cancel it and it happens automatically.  However I  added the Office 07 for  you installed  with the discounted price  again.  We also trying to expedite the shipping for you.

If there’s anything else I can put in from my side let me know I will do my best for you sir.

First how can they cancel my order without me agreeing to it? I didnt agree to this new order. I don't want office 2007. I ordered office 2010.

second, it doesn't matter if it's a discounted price for office 2007. I now have to pay $279.00 cdn to get the software that I ordered. This is after ordering a laptop at over $4000.00 bucks. I don't get it.

This is like going to McDonalds and ordering a salad. Instead they give you a hamburger. You say I didnt order that. They say oh it's ok, it's not costing you as much. You can go to the next McDonalds and get another salad. At least we are not charging you for the more expensive salad. So you are saving money on the hamburger.

What kind of logic is that?

2.3K Posts

October 14th, 2010 21:00

They should have called or emailed you, instead of substituting at their discretion. I don`t blame you for wanting the newest version of Office, not an older one. It`s a new pc and you want to have new up to date software.

9.4K Posts

October 15th, 2010 05:00

Temporallobe9,

Sorry you are having difficulties with your order.  If you could contact me by Private Message by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click on the envelope icon that says "send message",  I'll see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

October 15th, 2010 12:00

This was my response below to the email from a dell customer service agent stating that this wasnt his fault. The factory changed the order not him.

Hey (dell customer service agent)  totally understand what you are saying. I don't have any issue with you. You are just the only contact I have will dell. My point is this. Even with the discount price of Office 2007 I have to pay over $250 to update to office 2010. As I explained to you the funds I have are donations. $250 dollars (that's 21412.88 Rupee) That's allot of extra money. Yes I am saving about $40.00 in my purchase order but I will have to spend another $250.00 to upgrade of office 2010. What can we do about this?

I recieved a response that stated that the agent was going to forward my issue to resolve the issue and "get me a deal"

I don't want a deal, I want what I ordered. I am totally not trying to be difficult here. I just want what I paid for. If I wanted office 2007 I would have ordered it. Don't bate and switch the order. This is not what I ordered it's that simple. Don't give me a deal, don't offer me something else at a lower price and then treat it like you are doing something for me. I want what I bought. What you sold me. I did not agree to this new order and I don't want it. No matter what the price or how low you offer it. There is a reason I chose the options I did. It was not to save money. I would not have bought an Alienware Laptop if I wanted to save money. So now I don't know what to do. Do I cancel the order and just go somewhere else? I am not interested in haggling for a lower price. It's kind of like I just bought a freakin Ferrari. I know it wastrs gas, I know it's a luxury. That is why I bought it. So don't offer me a pinto and say I am saving money or getting a good deal. It is not what I bought. So tonight I will sleep on this. Trying to figure out the best option. Damn do these guys make it hard to take my money. I don't understand there business plan at all. I don't want to take my custom configured sexy as hell laptop and open the box, only to first install office 2010 that I had to buy at Future Shop. Suggestions?

This is repost after my previous post was removed for stating the name of the agent. I apologize if this offended or was against the policy I agreed upon when I signed up for this forum. Wow is getting a computer really hard these days. I just wanted a laptop to run photoshop. Look what happens.

No Events found!