Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2009 09:00

Error message in device manager (Portable devices: USB HS-CF card)

Please can someone help me.

An error message is appearing in 'device manager'  (Portable devices: USB HS-CF card)

The device type is 'portable devices' and TEAC is the manufacturer with the problem located on the 'UMBus Enumerator'

There is an also error message "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) but  clicking "'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available" returns no result.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running 32-bit Vista.

Any suggestions?

Ian

1 Message

May 7th, 2009 15:00

Ian,

I have the same problem but mine started with my HP C4280 printer. I am running norton 360, it detected a hardware malfunction. It caused, what is refered to by the "techs" as Bluescreen "AKA The Blue Screen of Death" . So I uninstalled the printer software and driver then reinstalled. After doing so the error was no longer on my printer but is now titled as USB HS-CF Card. It is still in the portable device file in device manager but wasnt there before I uninstalled. I havent encountered any more problems.

Is this causing you any problems? If so what are they?

Jeremy

2 Posts

May 9th, 2009 04:00

Hi Jeremy

I don't know why the problem arose, but it is now solved. While the fault was there it meant my camera would not connect.

For some reason exactly the same error appeared on our second Dell PC which was under warranty so I was able to take advice from Dell.

The solution was simple: they just uninstalled the USB HS-CF driver in 'devices' and it automatically reinstalled and repaired the registry when I reconnected the camera.

Thanks for your interest. I hope this info is of some help to you.

Ian

No Events found!