Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2009 11:00

Integrated webcam INSPIRON 15

Purchased an INSPIRON 15  supposedly with an Integrated 1.3 MP Webcam recently tried to use it and lo and behold it "ain't" there. I called DELL Support and was told that it was not their problem I have to take it back to Best Buy where it was purchased even thought DELL is the manufacturer. I have been on several DELL sites and have not seen any mention of this??? Is anybody in the outside world aware of this problem it is not on the FTC Website because I looked.

2 Posts

November 4th, 2009 10:00

I own the Studio 1537 and had no problem using the integrated web cam with MSN Messenger even after uninstalling web cam central.  I updated Messenger and found that it was missing from device manager.  I tried to install the newest driver which gave me an error.   I used an external cam for a few days until to my surprise it was back and working and listed in device manager. I had left my laptop on overnight so maybe try that in the hopes it will resolve itself like it did for me.

Here is a screen shot of how it looks in device manager. They do not have a preview for this forum so I am including two different codes in case one doesn't work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No Events found!