Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2016 18:00

Introduction & Shipping Question

Merry Christmas! My name is Dean from SE Louisiana. Retired 5 years ago from LSU where some weeks I used to place 10 or more Dell orders; most were desktops. I didn't deal with students. Tipped my wine glass over onto my Asus laptop, so I am anxiously awaiting a new Dell Inspiron 2-in-1. Purchased directly from Dell. Email 5 days ago that it is ready to be shipped and ETA was today (21st) through 27th. Attempted to check shipping status just now. Under billing & shipping info, it reads, "You are not authorized to view the information". I am wondering if this is how Dell treats consumers? My guess is that Dell has not even shipped it yet. Hope they do so before the components become obsolete...

2.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 21:00

Hi Dean74,

Make sure you are logged in to your account. Some times I see that, if I I try to view it and am not logged in.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 08:00

Hi Sugarbear18,

Being logged in did not resolve the issue. However, a second chat session with Dell, where I included this as one of the problems, caused the agent to state that she was forwarding the issues to "The Concerned Department". It really meant something as within 10 minutes an email arrived from Dell advising that the 2-in-1 was shipping that day and would arrive just one day past the initial range of dates first stated. Following that communication I was also able to track the FedEx shipment. 

Now I have a new issue. I will search for a previously answered question or post mine if not found.

Thank you for your response.

No Events found!