Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2009 13:00

Monitor message "MONITOR IN POWER SAVE MODE. ACTIVATE USING PC"

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I have tried everything and nothing is working.

14.4K Posts

January 27th, 2009 17:00

Can we get some more info such as your system model, your operating system and a bit more info on the problem like when does this happen what have you tried .

6 Posts

January 29th, 2009 12:00

The model is Dell Dimension it has  CD and DVD drive.  I receive the message everytime I hook the Dell tower to the Dell monitor.  I have checked all the wires I have the Dell monitor hooked up right now with another tower and the monitor is working fine.  I also tried the Dell stratup disk to see if maybe that would help but I still got nothing.  I have Window2000 on the computer as well, I just don't know what the problem could be.  Thank you for your help.

6 Posts

January 29th, 2009 12:00

The model is a Dell Dimension 2300.

14.4K Posts

January 29th, 2009 13:00

It is probably the video card in the  2300. You have verified that the monitor works on another system so that can pretty much nail it down.

Since you see no video at all not even the Dell splash screen that means it has to be either the card or the motherboard.

I would recommend a new video card at this point, unless you are only using the built in graphics. If you are just using the onboard graphics than only replaceing the motherboard would work. But if you are and you have a free PCI slot you can switch to a dedicated video card.

You might want to open the case if you do have a video card and try reseating it.

January 29th, 2009 22:00

I recently had the same problem with the same message. it turn out to be a loose wire going from the power supply to the video card. Check your power cable going to your card good luck

No Events found!