Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2016 08:00

Please help - problems getting support from Dell

I am writing to see if anyone has any tips on how to deal with Dell Customer Service to get better results that I am getting??
We purchased two $100 gift cards about a year ago.  When I tried to use them, they registered $18 and $10 when applied in my shopping cart.  The front line customer support team was unable to help me complete my purchase.  This was my first source of frustration because it cost me the ability to take advantage of Dell's Cyber week desktop sales.  The issue was not resolved in time for me to complete my purchase that week.
Over the next three weeks, I made six phone calls to Dell Customer Support.  The front line support team tries to be helpful, however they do not have the tools to resolve my issue. Each time, I had to wait on hold while they contacted the Gift Card Support Team.  One time I was told that my request had been rejected without any explanation.  Another time I was told to send in a scanned image of the back of the card.  Yet another time, I was told that no one knew where the scanned images were, so I needed to send in new scanned images, plus additional information about the cards (information that Dell already had from all my previous calls).
At the end of each phone call, I was assured that a Dell representative would contact me within 24-48 hours concerning my issue.  No one from Dell ever called me back.

On Dec 21, I called again and was told that my case was being escalated and that a supervisor was going to call me within three to four hours.  Once again, no one called.

I called again on Dec 23rd, for the eighth time.  After talking to a customer support representative for a while, I was transferred to a "Gift card" number that would not accept any of my information.  I had to call back to the main support number.  On this occasion, I was told for a third time that I needed to send in scanned copies of my gift cards, even though I had already done that twice.  I asked to speak with a supervisor.  The representative tried very hard to discourage this, but finally put me on hold for 20 mins.  Then the supervisor came on and told me that the Gift Card Team was working on it, and that someone would email me the status by the end of the day.  Same story, different day.

2.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2016 21:00

Hi will6262,

Please repost this in the Customer care forum for help.

It will be after Christmas before any one will get back to you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/

1 Message

January 4th, 2017 00:00

i think we should create a new group of "bad customer care stories" :emotion-1:

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 08:00

Thanks.  I did what you suggested.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2017 09:00

As I read through all the complaints and different kinds of issues with customer service I realize just how terrible things have become due to most companies decision to "outsource" so-called complaint dept. to scattered countries all over the world!  This is unfortunate but this is just the way this country has dealt with the fierce competition in the corporate world today-relax and take a deep breath and just know there is nothing one individual and/or dissatisfied customer is going to do to change it!  Venting just seemed to help me but only for the time it took me to scribble this down and send it off!  Have a Happy, healthy new year and learn to just hope you can solve most things on your own.  I have learned to do most of the research and stumble along and see if I can fix any problem(s) that come my way, good luck and God help us all!

No Events found!