Highlighted
rywal
Copper

Power Button works intermittently

Jump to solution

Hi there,

First off, I apologize if I'm not posting in the right spot. I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series and the power button is failing on me with 38 days left in my 1 year limited warranty. Basically I have to press it really hard or from different angles, and it can take 5-10 minutes of playing with it to finally power up my laptop. I think this is a hardware problem and may need some connections sured up or possibly replace the button/switch. I'm trying to figure out my best course of action before my warranty expires.

Could I bring it into a Best Buy or Micro Center, or possibly fill out a warranty claim online (having trouble finding where to do that on the Dell site)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shesagordie
Diamond

RE: Power Button works intermittently

Jump to solution

Hi there,

First off, I apologize if I'm not posting in the right spot. I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series and the power button is failing on me with 38 days left in my 1 year limited warranty. Basically I have to press it really hard or from different angles, and it can take 5-10 minutes of playing with it to finally power up my laptop. I think this is a hardware problem and may need some connections sured up or possibly replace the button/switch. I'm trying to figure out my best course of action before my warranty expires.

Could I bring it into a Best Buy or Micro Center, or possibly fill out a warranty claim online (having trouble finding where to do that on the Dell site)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

rywal

I doubt that, unless you purchased the laptop from BestBuy, if purchased from Dell, then it's best to contact Dell's Technical Support about any warranty claims.

Dell's Home Users Technical Support 1-800-624-9896

Please have your system's Service Code, Express Service Code, ready.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos