Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 2nd, 2010 10:00

Service Tag Invalid!

My Service Tag is not recognized by any of the online interfaces that Dell has provided me. 

For example, I attempt to enter my new dell XPS-9100 desktop as my default machine at MY ACCOUNT (support.dell.com/support/systeminfo/mysystemlist.aspx?ref=myaccount).  When I do I get the following message:  "Please ensure the service tag entered is valid." 

When I attempt to use dell chat (support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/chat/hardware_chat?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs) I get the following message:  "Our records indicate that your service tag belongs to a system purchased outside the United States."  My machine was purchased online here in the US.

There are other examples, but the bottom line is that none of online resources available to me recognize my Service Tag. 

I have been told that my service tag is recognized by internal Dell systems.  And at least one technician on a previous call says he was able to verify my problem.

So my story is similar to many that I read in the Forum.  I have been on the phone three times spending hours with three different tech each of whom tells me that it will be taken care of within "a few days", "within 24 hours", or something similar.  Dell is driving its customers nuts with this problem. 

Anybody have an idea on how to get Dell's attention on this problem?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2010 04:00

If the PC is less than two weeks old, I would give it two weeks.  This appears to happen occasionally that it takes up to that amount of time for SOME service tag numbers to get into the system. 

Some of it seems to be what country you are in, too. 

Maybe a Dell forum moderator will read this and help you, the rest of us can't as this is a users helping users forum.

November 3rd, 2010 06:00

Thanks for the reply.  My XPS 9100 was delivered on October 19th, two weeks and 1 day ago.  I have contacted a moderator directly and remain ever hopeful.

November 3rd, 2010 10:00

Rober P moderator looked into my problem and now the System Tag is recognized. 

Thank you Robert

No Events found!