Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

March 2nd, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 24-3455, stopped working

I have a DESKTOP-SMV4 Inspiron 24-3455 and it was working just fine then all of a sudden the mouse, keyboard and touch screen stopped working. I can only turn computer on and that's just as far as turning it on and screen with time and WiFi signal on it. I cannot get to the sign in screen. Can't use mouse keyboard or touch screen said something about driver not available. Bought new keyboard and mouse one each wireless and one each with cord but neither works. I have Windows 10 and was told it should automatically pick up keyboard an mouse without having to do anything. What do I do? The warranty just ran out in November?

March 3rd, 2018 18:00

Just got a call from my mother who is not Tech savvy at all and has the Dell inspire and 24 that I bought for her. Just like the author of this article, her mouse, keyboard, and touchscreen all quit working simultaneously making it impossible to troubleshoot to computer. We have tried new store bought hardware and old wired hardware and none of it works. I'm suspecting either a Dell update or Microsoft windows update but I haven't been able to troubleshoot anything remotely. Were basically using face time to try to make her phone my eyes, but what can you do without an input device?
No Events found!