Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2017 02:00

Touchscreen not Working on Inspiron 15r 5537

Hey guys, hoping to find some help here. So I just got this new Dell Inspiron 5537. I've had it less than a week. On Saturday, something happened that caused the touchscreen to be unresponsive. 

Now let me clarify by unresponsive - I mean completely gone. HID driver and entry in Device manager is missing. No calibrate option. Under Pen and Touch, the system is listed as "No pen or touch is available for this Display."  

I have not done a roll back yet - I created a restore point the day the rig showed up, so I can go back to day one, but was hoping I could just re-download the driver. I can't find it on Dell's support page, and Slim Driver can't detect the hardware so it doesn't suggest a driver.

Any ideas? Like I said, the common sense fixes like run calibrate and turn off USB power management didn't work, and the hardware is not even ID'ed in device manager. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 17th, 2017 12:00

OTHMAN YEMEN

As you have a week old new laptop, that is under Dell's warranty, then it's best to contact Dell's Technical Support ASAP about the issue.

Bev.

3 Posts

February 27th, 2017 17:00

I got the very same laptop, although a few yrs old and out of warranty, with the same issues plus it doesn't successfully complete the system restore anymore either...Did Dell assist you with and was ale to fix it and how??? Thank you!!!

No Events found!