Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2008 19:00

getting bios password

I have a second computer that is a Dell Dimension XPS D233.  I got it from a friend as a back up machine.  After changing the bios battery about a year ago I could not get in.  I was told that I could download the update from the Dell site for that computer and then copy it to a CD to put into the dead machine.  Is that bios password download available on the site?  I do not see that model since it is about 10 years old or more.

3.4K Posts

November 11th, 2008 19:00

Hello,

Take a look at this page <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> .

The BIOS password can be removed by changing a jumper on the motherboard. Don't forget to put it back.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Helping Dell Customers here since 1997
Darrell's computer help and information web site
My Dell systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Bought long ago before this forum existed
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Upgraded and still working perfectly
Dimension 9150 - Just arrived from Dell dfsdirectsales.com Refurbished!
Pent D 3.2GHz, 2GB dual-channel 533 DDR2
Windows XP pro SP3
Add your system information or other signature to your forum posts using my instructions HERE

November 13th, 2008 06:00

Thank you for your response. The solution you provided worked great. I now have the old computer up and running. I do have a new problem I'd like to  ask you. If you do not know this I can post it to the forum. I  was able to get in under an account that had no password. Unfortunately, this account was not listed as an administrator. My regular log on is inaccessible due to the password that I no longer have. I cannot make proper changes to my settings unless I am the administrator.  Is there any way to break that password, or do I have to format the hard drive, (which I do not want to do)?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 13th, 2008 09:00

I replied to the post you have here.

Rick

3.4K Posts

November 13th, 2008 19:00

Hello again,

If you are referring to the Windows admin password.

No, you can't break it.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Helping Dell Customers here since 1997
Darrell's computer help and information web site
My Dell systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Bought long ago before this forum existed
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Upgraded and still working perfectly
Dimension 9150 - Just arrived from Dell dfsdirectsales.com Refurbished!
Pent D 3.2GHz, 2GB dual-channel 533 DDR2
Windows XP pro SP3
Add your system information or other signature to your forum posts using my instructions HERE

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 28th, 2009 09:00

The password can be BLANKED OUT by using Emergency Boot CD here.

googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/ebcd-system-recovery-boot-cd.html

I have done it several times when I forgot my Admin Password on several computers.

4 Posts

April 10th, 2009 19:00

If you cant solution for your DELL locked bios check this link for 3rd party service : http://freetexthost.com/er1wgjcp0m

great service :)

4 Posts

April 10th, 2009 19:00

If you cant find solution for your DELL locked bios check this link for 3rd party service : http://freetexthost.com/er1wgjcp0m

great service :)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 10th, 2009 21:00

I got mine for free from DELL tech support and also the hard disk password. Great service and fast.

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2009 18:00

The password can be BLANKED OUT by using Emergency Boot CD here.

I have done it several times when I forgot my Admin Password on several computers.

where do i get an Emergency Boot CD? Or can i go to a site?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2009 22:00

The URL is given

Download ebcd-0_6_1-pro-sfx.exe [EBCD 0.6.1, 17 MB, alternate locations], run it, select a folder for installation, go to the folder and run makeebcd.exe. You will have a 60.4 MB ISO you can burn on a CD.

No Events found!