Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

December 10th, 2009 04:00

how to track a stolen laptop

I purchased one Dell Inspiron laptop around 3 weeks back and I came for a visit to Israel with my laptop. Unfortunately my laptop has been stolen. Is it possible to locate my laptop with the help of the serial number? I don't have any trackking software installed in my laptop.

9.4K Posts

June 16th, 2010 06:00

* Go to the top of this Customer Care board
* Open, "FAQ - Customer Care"
* Open, "How to Report a Dell System Lost or Stolen"

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 10th, 2009 05:00

You can report it stolen to Dell, but it's not going to be possible for you to track it - contact the police and let them work on it.

In the US,

1 Message

June 15th, 2010 09:00

I believe my laptop was stolen, how do I know or find out if my laptop has a trakking device. I still have my box and everything. I am pretty positive it is registered as well. I am also going to file a stolen laptop report with a list of the names of the people I believe could have it. Is there a way to try to locate it on here or anything ??? It just happened a day ago. Thanks.

2 Posts

March 8th, 2012 02:00

Hi all. My laptop was stolen. I live in Egypt. I tried to fill the stolen system form but it is for the US users. What I should do? Please help. Thanks inadvance for your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 8th, 2012 07:00

spikymah,

If the laptop had LoJack...

LoJack Report a Theft

If the laptop did not have LoJack, report the theft to the authorities and then you can...

Dell Report a Stolen System

There is no way to track the computer.

Rick

2 Posts

March 9th, 2012 16:00

Pudgyone, Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunatelt I did not install LoJack, I've report the theft to the police. And when I went to Dell report a stolen system, I found it for US users only. Is there another form for users outside USA. Thanks Spikymah
No Events found!