Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 7th, 2010 14:00

"Contact -> send XXX an email" doesn't seem to work

i'm trying to contact one of the dell folks who posted in another thread (he suggested that folks should send him a PM).  there is a "Contact" link under his post.  clicking that bring up a small menu of contact options; of those options, "send XXX an email" seem to be the only one that one would use to contact the person.  when i click this, a window comes up in the middle of the browser window, but the window is empty.  the behavior is the same in firefox and IE. 

more generally, i'd expect some way to initiate private conversations, but i don't see that option anywhere.  how can i privately contact someone?

thanks,

-david

2.6K Posts

EDIT:  Rick,  I swear I am not deliberately following you around to duplicate your posts.......

The "send an email" option under Contact doesn't work - it's a long-standing issue.  

To send a private message,  you can also click directly on the person's name and you open their profile and contact options - assuming the member has them enabled.   You can click on my name on the left (Alexandra_P)  to try it - I have "send a message" enabled on the profile,  but don't have a public email.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

david,

Click on contact, start a conversation with (username)

The email function didn't work for over a year.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Alexandra_P,

I saw that a few times and the information is almost the same with different wording. Since playing games is a waste of time, did you get to the next level, the other day?

david,

I also saw your other thread in the Printers forum. If you're trying to get in contact with llynster, he retired from the printers board. Maybe some other member might be able to help you, if you start a new thread.

Rick

No Events found!