Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2014 12:00

(redirected) Transfer of Ownership without previous owner

I followed a previous thread.   Followed a link for Ownership Transfer, and it told me that:

We're sorry, Automated Ownership Transfer is not available at this time, please try again later. Thank you for choosing Dell.

I bought a machine from a friend of mine.   The original owner was a seller on eBay.

The machine still has 2 months of warranty left on it, but the damn motherboard or pwer supply is gone.
  When I turn the machine on, all I get is the lights 1 and 3 flashing 4 times.   I have next day service if they will just honor the warranty, and they won't do that until I transfer this machine to me.

This kind of [Admin NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU] makes me NEVER want to own a Dell machine ever again. 

I went to the latest page to ransfer ownership, and I put No Information for First Name, Last Name, and Zip code.   I don't want to keep waiting for 10-15 days for them to tell me no, we won't do it.
   If that happens, I am going to start hounding them every day until I get something done.

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 16th, 2014 13:00

Best to post this thread in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!