Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2014 08:00

Cannot deploy hypervisor from vCenter 2.0 PlugIn

I have the vCenter Open Manage 2.0 Plugin installed and have a hypervisor and hardware profile configured. My issue is on a bare metal task everything works up to the actual ESXi Install. It loads the ISO but just stops at the first prompt of the ESXi installation. (The press f key to continue.) Am I forgetting a step? I am using the Dell 5.5 ISO.

February 18th, 2014 07:00

Are you deploying to the internal SD card or hard drive?  There has been a bug reported with 5.5 and folks using SD cards. We are still trying to root cause.

3 Posts

February 18th, 2014 07:00

Sorry this is going to the hard drive in the global settings and I am filling out all information in the Server Identification part of the wizard. I am now running the most up to version of the plugin.

February 18th, 2014 13:00

Maybe you have an issue with your boot order.  Can you make sure the HDD you are installing on is set first in boot order?

3 Posts

February 18th, 2014 14:00

Yes the RAID controller is set as the first boot device. Like I said the task loads the ISO it just doesn't seem to actually install ESXi to the hard drive. It does actually configure the hardware. The task stops at the prompt to accept and install ESXi.

18 Posts

May 6th, 2014 22:00

Hi,Got the same problem with esx v5.1 update2 .

Anyone found the answer to this ?

June 25th, 2014 15:00

Hello Richard. I'm a Dell Technical Account Manager working to solve this.  Do you mind contacting me so we can add you to the affected customer list and loop you into any updates I may get?

Mikey S.

18 Posts

June 25th, 2014 19:00

Hi Mikey,

No problems contacting me.

The problem as I see is the install doesn't know where the install configuration file is  for all the settings.

2 Posts

July 28th, 2014 06:00

Hi all,

I think I've got the same problem too. I cannot deploy ESXi5.5 on a Dell R910 with the Dell OpenManage Integration for vCenter tool.

I tried to deploy the Custom_A04.iso, but the log looks like this:

--CSIOR is enabled in order to applying hardware config
--Started applying BIOS Config
--Apply BIOS Config was succesful
--Preparing for ISO installation
--ISO installation started
--Apply ISO failed.
--An exception occurred :

I tried multiple R910's but they all fail.
However, when i try to deploy a Dell R710 there isn't a problem at all.

I compared the BIOS settings and bootlist of the r910 and r710 but they are almost identical.

Is there something i'm missing? Are ESXi5.5 and Dell R910 supported by this tool?

1 Message

August 26th, 2014 23:00

I was installing to an R620 with version 2.1, and it didn't work at first (stopped at the ESXi install prompt), but when I rebooted and changed the boot mode from UEFI to BIOS it worked fine the second time.

No Events found!