we have succesfully migrated to Dell OM Integration 184.108.40.2062 for vSphere last Saturday. Everything went fine and I was happy how easy it was.
Sadly today, two Days later, I was "welcomed" by the vSphere OM Client Integration Plugin in the vSphere Webclient with the following error:
I restarted vCenter services, restarted the Dell OM Appliance but nothing seems to help. In the old vSphere Desktop Client everything seems fine and working, but the WebClient Plugin is really broken. everywhere I click in the Dell OM Plugin I get the above error.
Any tips how I get this working again?
Thanks in advance.
I have a few things to try. Can you open a web browser and make sure you can reach the appliance web console from the same computer?
If you are running a Windows vCenter, please check if if there are two folders for the plug-in at “c:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\”. If there are, delete the older one and then restart the “VMware vSphere Web Client” service.
What version did you migrate from? If you had an earlier build of the 2.0 version before, could you make sure the version in the web client about screen shows 1272?
I know that the support team has had a few calls where the migration didn’t work out so well, but most likely that would give you a problem from the first day. Be sure to hang onto that original pre-upgrade data backup, and consider taking another one. Other ideas you could try are distructive (i.e. resetting the appliance to factory settings, registering a clean appliance), so contacting support may be a good idea.
Hope this helps.
thank you for your quick response. Sadly it didn't helped me.
We have migrated from 1.7. The Version in the Webclient is 1272. I didn't found a second Dell Plugin folder in the “c:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\” directory.
Now I will try to call Dell Support and get this working again, hopefully without starting from scratch 🙂
Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciated it.
I get back here and post the solution (if any, besides starting from scratch) as soon as Dell Support has found a solution.
So I'm getting the same error and I don't have a duplicate folder in ...\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity either. No idea why I'm getting that error. It gave me that error the 1st time I ran the DOMI tool from Vsphere for the 1st time. So I'm getting that error and also an error trying to inventory my Dell Chassis, it's just not finding anything after I enter in the credentions for root or active directory.
A Web server communication error occurred; wait a few moments for the communication to automatically reset. If the communication does not reset, check the appliance IP address setting to make sure it is on the network. If the appliance is on the network, perform a reboot. If the error still occurs, contact Technical Support. Use the refresh button to access the user interface once the error has been resolved.
We usually see this error when there is a name resolution problem for the vCenter server. Make sure that the vCenter host name entry is present in the DNS server (both forward and reverse lookup). Also make sure that the OMIVV appliance is pointed to the correct DNS server.
You will also see this error if there are any certificate related changes in vCenter / OMIVV after the vCenter registration is done.
Other reason that I could think of is the time synchronization. Make sure that the OMIVV appliance is pointed to a valid NTP server, and the time of vCenter server and OMIVV appliance are in sync.
Hope this helps!!
Our vSphere environment is 6.0. We recently updated the OpenManage Integration Appliance to 220.127.116.110. After the update the web client started throwing the above 2000000 error. openmanage works fine through the desktop client.
I have verified all DNS settings.
I have verified all NTP settings and times are consistent between all devices.
I have unregistered, restarted, re-registered appliance with restarts of both the appliance and vSphere in between.
I attempted to remove the extension through the .mob interface but the unregisterextension method just returns a "not found" even though the extension is showing as listed.
OMIVV 2.3 does not support vCenter 6.0. I recommend you to update it to OMIVV 3.0.
Note : RPM update is not supported from 2.x to 3.0, you will have to take a backup from 2.x, deploy 3.0 and restore (detailed steps available in the Install guide) OR start with OMIVV 3.0 fresh.
For me the problem was a mismatch between hostnames, aliases, etc. I was telling OMIVV that the hostname of the vCenter Server was an alias that points to it, not what the vCenter Server thinks its name is.
The pieces seem to not be very OK with using aliases instead of hostnames to communicate among the pieces.