Start a Conversation

Unsolved

9 Posts

December 4th, 2019 01:00

Select Firmware Repository Profile is grayed out

When trying to install firmware on our ESX server, I cannot get further than step 2. "Update Source". Under Choose Repositories" all is grayed out. Why?

892 Posts

December 4th, 2019 15:00

Can you post a screenshot?

#Iwork4Dell

December 4th, 2019 20:00

Hi,
 Can you have a look into ‘Last Refresh Status’ of repository profile, if the status is anything other than ‘Success’, please look into logs to get more details.

Are you trying perform firmware update on vSAN cluster ?
 If yes, vSAN cluster firmware update needs an Repository Profile of which Repository Share Location is local.
Default online repositories, Dell Default Catalog & Validated MX stack Catalog cannot be used for vSAN cluster firmware update.

Thank You,
Vineeth

9 Posts

December 4th, 2019 22:00

Yes, I am trying to upgrade firmware on vSAN cluster. So how do I make a update bundle that it on Dell VMware hcl list? I need to be sure that all firmware/drivers is on compatible with dell/vmware hcl list. I find it difficult to find good documentation about the hole process of upgrading firmware and drivers via OpenManager Integration. 

December 5th, 2019 21:00

Hi,
While OMIVV is vSAN cluster-aware (meaning OMIVV talk with vCenter to verify vSAN health and proper maintenance mode settings before it try to rolling firmware update, one node at a time, across a vSAN cluster), it is not automatically pulling a firmware catalog today. 

Right now, Dell EMC Repository Manager (DRM) can help to assemble general firmware baselines.
Latest and greatest firmware on a PowerEdge that is on the HCL for a specific vSphere version is always supported, so it covers most of the baseline need.

vSAN then mainly just needs the storage controller dialed in to a specific firmware / driver level, which is also doable though a bit more manual  task– the single DUP has to be downloaded separate then added to their local catalog.  There are tutorial videos on the DRM site.

Thank You,
Vineeth

No Events found!