Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

9 Posts

August 20th, 2018 14:00

3050, dual monitor setup

Need some help all. Right now I have a Dell E2210 and a Dell E2216H plugged into my pc via one VGA and the other into via a VGA cord into a VGA to DP dongle. This is a work computer and that is how it was delivered.

Now a tried to hook up U2412M and U2413F monitors. I tried any different number of connection combinations (HDMI/top displayport,HDMI/bottom displayport, HDMI/vga,etc). The end result was always the fan started getting real loud then eventually one of the monitor's screen turned an odd colored lines with black in between them, the lights flickered a bit. Every time I rebooted the screens came back on, but had same problem.

One I hook up the old monitors the fan eventually works better and the screen problem goes away. After all my attempts switching them around, one of my screen's resolution can't be changed.

What is the deal.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2018 08:00

Let's backup. Are you saying that you are attempting to connect all four monitors at the same time to the single Optiplex 3050?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 22nd, 2018 10:00

Display port is digital.

You cannot do VGA  >>> DP

Display port IS NOT Bi directional like analog VGA.

You can do DP  >>> VGA but this is one way.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 24th, 2018 06:00

To run four monitors at once, you must also have an added discrete video card installed? The service tag did not mention an added discrete video card? So I only see a way to run three monitors, DP, HDMI, and the optional VGA.

* Turn the Optiplex 3050 MT and all monitor off
* Disconnect all monitor cabling from the Optiplex 3050 MT
* Connect only the E2216H to the Optiplex 3050 MT DP out port =
Optiplex 3050 MT DP out port --> DP to DP cable --> E2216H DP in port
* Turn the E2216H on, then the Optiplex 3050 MT. Does it work?

If yes,
* Connect the U2413
Optiplex 3050 MT HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> U2413 HDMI in port
* Enable extended mode in Windows to activate the U2413. Does it work?

If yes,
* Connect the U2412M
Optiplex 3050 MT optional VGA out port --> VGA to VGA cable --> U2412M VGA in port
* Enable extended mode in Windows to activate the U2412M. Does it work?

3 Posts

July 29th, 2020 09:00

Hello,
I have solved, found, the solution.
Power off both monitors, power of the Optiplex (be sure the power is off, most right button on the monitor)
Start the Optiplex 3050, when the power led on the keyboard is on or you see the disk power led flickering.
Switch on the power on the monitor and everting works fine.
I had the same issue with one monitor from Display to HDMI. And in one configuration two monitors Display to HDMI and HDMI to HDMI.
I hope it works for you as well

No Events found!