Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CS

1 Message

October 10th, 2018 13:00

9010 AIO, black screen

Hi,

I'm in charge of a laboratory with 28 Dell Optiplex 9010 All In One desktops, on the last 2 weeks i had the same failure on 3 computers (not at same time).

The failure is: The screen keeps on black always, looks like the lights on the screen are on but you only see the black screen, does not even show the bios dell logo screen or any error beeps neither. I already try different external monitors with HDMI and VGA bridges and I cannot get it work, the only way I know the computer is on and "working" is because I can see it remotely trough a student-teacher software, and when i check the devices there is no video device installed.

I don't know what else I can try or what else I can do.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings.

October 17th, 2018 05:00

I have a client that has 5 of the 9010 AIO workstations (Windows 10).  They have the same issue occurring periodically as well.  They do utilize a secondary monitor.  What we did find as a work around, was to unplug the power cord from the secondary monitor and then power on the AIO.  It would seem to bring everything up then and we can plug the power back in to utilize the second screen.

Still trying to figure out the root cause.

April 22nd, 2021 05:00

I had a 9030 aio go black screen of death on me 

The following worked.

Unplug everything and the power a few times. Hit the discharge button on the back a few times and hold for a few seconds. Then turn on the machine while nothing is plugged in other than power.  You will get a keyboard message but after that you can plug everything back in and be good to go

No Events found!