jmidds
1 Copper

9010, onboard graphics plus add ons (6 screens)

Hello I have just purchased a refurbished optiplex 9010. I want to run 6 screens. I have 2 graphics cards installed that run 2 monitors each. However, the on board graphics aren't working with the extra cards installed. In fact, if I just plug into the onboard sockets without plugging into the added cards, I get an incompatible message that says I have to use the added cards only. The onboard graphics works fine if I remove the extra cards. How can I fix this? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bradthetechnut
3 Cadmium

Re: Optiplex 9010 onbaord graphics plus add ons (6 screens)

Integrated, onboard graphics are automatically disabled with any graphics cards installed.

I'm not familiar with how well 'Y' adapters work for extra monitors, but some people use them.

- Please consider giving posts you like a thumbs up.
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is mainly user to user with occasional moderation or additional knowledge by a Rockstar or Dell employee.
0 Kudos
jmidds
1 Copper

Ok thank you.

Would Y adaptors be preferable to an extra 2 display graphics card in the PCIEx1 slot?

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

@jmidds wrote:

Ok thank you.

Would Y adaptors be preferable to an extra 2 display graphics card in the PCIEx1 slot?

No.

Doesn't work that way.

You cant add card after card after card.  You must choose a card with 6 outputs.

• Manufacturer part  VisionTek 900614
  • Dell part A6945752

Eye Finity cards are specific.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/accessories/apd/a6945752

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos