Optiplex Desktops

Last reply by 11-27-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

Boot memory failure

Hi 

My Dell optiplex 755 will not boot and the error light 1 is showing indicating that there is no memory detected. After moving, swapping and removing ram sticks the computer will still not boot. I have previously has the computer on and runs fine however when ever I power it off fully the next time i try to boot it it will not start. 

Any tips. 

Thanks 

Replies (7)
3 Argentum

Hello @Osh791

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Sometimes, reseating memory may resolve issues temporarily. However, if the issue reoccurs then its good to troubleshoot further to resolve the issue.

Yes, LED error code 1 indicates no memory is detected. It is possible that the memory module itself is faulty or the memory slot. Have you tried testing one memory module at a time in each slot? If no, then please give that a try that will help you rule out if it is memory module or the slot on the motherboard which is causing this issue. Feel free to reply if you have any queries. 

Dell-Tabassum M
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

I am also getting the same problem but I got no solution for this my laptop is in warrenty right now.what should I do

<Private Service tag removed.TOS73>

Laptop dell Inspiron 15 3501
System not booting up and when it boots up it says "No memory detected on previous boot"It's been two days since it have not booted up 

Thank you for staying connected. I'm Prajesh, and I will be assisting you.

If I have understood correctly, you’re facing an issue with the Memory error. We will look into this for you right away. I will need your help in performing some simple steps to identify what’s causing this. 

However, I request you to delete the Service Tag from public view for security reasons and private message me so that I can review and assist you further with the case.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

5 Iridium

By any chance did you reinsert the chips one at a time, powering on in between and seeing if error code changed?

Do all the RAM chips match in size, speed, and brand name?

Couple of things to rule out there before it can be asserted if it's RAM or MB.  Two more questions - What's the brand name of the RAM?  Is your 755 an MT, DT, SFF or USFF?

Optiplex 755 Tech Guide

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

Hi @Dell-Tabassum M,

Looks like we worked on our replies at nearly the same time.  However, I can't edit my reply from Android to reflect that.  Main text box doesn''t show when signed in.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

7 Thorium

This might be unrelated but try replacing the cmos bios battery on the old computer especially if you have never replaced it. Usually it's a $2 CR 2032 that retains the bios settings. Check your manual for the directions.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions