Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2021 12:00

Customer Service

I need to voice my irritation with the recent customer service I received trying to order a simple laptop.  The first order that was processed had my last name spelled wrong.  I tried to correct it while supplying my information for the Rep but it would not allow me to and said the Rep needed to make the change.  I told the Rep and he said that he would have to write the entire order over.  I let it go at this point.  Once the order was charged to my card, the Rep said he needed to cancel the order because there was a problem.  So, the second order was processed and my card was charged again and the Rep said it went through.  The next day I received an email telling me that the order had been cancelled.  I sent an email to the Rep and a day later I received an automated email that he was out of the office.  On the day he was to return, I still had not received a response and sent another email asking if I was going to receive a response?  The Rep did respond and said I needed to call the Fraud department.  I did and they could not tell me exactly why the hold was placed, guessing the last name did not match the card name, but they released the hold.  He offered to get me in touch with the Rep to reorder for a 3rd time.  He was at lunch.  At this point, I was so angry that I said forget it and I will need to think about whether I would order from Dell again.  I have only purchased Dell for over 20 years, including having family members order from Dell.  I do not expect to hear anything from Dell on this situation as I am just one customer out of many,  but hopefully this might help someone else be aware of the service they may receive from Dell, 

32 Posts

April 14th, 2021 17:00

Dell has "customer care" forum. I don't know if they will help you, or just brush you off, but if you want to try it is here:

https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/bd-p/Customer-Care

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 14th, 2021 13:00

This is a user to user tech forum not Dell Support. Post this on the Customer Care forum.

Sorry for your problems. 

3 Posts

April 15th, 2021 06:00

Thank you for your kindness.  I apologize I got this on the wrong forum.  I thought I was on a forum about customer service.  Thanks for the correct string.  I will try to figure out how to remove this.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2021 15:00

Kelly s Account #  Ordered a computer, you have calls recordered, I talked to a girl , she was a

No Events found!