Highlighted

Dell 755 socket type

Jump to solution
Does a Dell 755 have cpu socket type LGA 775 and sata II for system wiring?

I couldn't verify elsewhere. I'm hoping a Dell user, 755 user, or etc., would know. I've seen the forums asking about processors. Refurb place I bought my 755 from doesn't know.

I'm new here - What's the difference between labels and tags when posting?

Thanks,
bradthetechnut
- Please consider giving posts you like a thumbs up.
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is mainly user to user with occasional moderation or additional knowledge by a Rockstar or Dell employee.
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dell 755 socket type

Jump to solution

Hi bradthetechnut,

The Optiplex 755 has an LGA775 CPU socket. 

I wouldn't worry about the labels and tags. Broadly speaking, labels are for product categories and tags are for models and issues etc.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add, it's also SATA 2

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi bradthetechnut,

The Optiplex 755 has an LGA775 CPU socket. 

I wouldn't worry about the labels and tags. Broadly speaking, labels are for product categories and tags are for models and issues etc.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add, it's also SATA 2

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Jump to solution
At one point, I saw LGA 1151 for a socket type; recently LGA 775 - my reason for verifying. (Not disputing verification in case needed said.) Smiley Happy Tech guide pdf (probably a little older) for the 755 didn't have requested info and I used search terms.

Not the biggest deal - It looks like I kinda had the labels and tags figured out then.

Thanks again for answering. Smiley Happy

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is mainly user to user with occasional moderation or additional knowledge by a Rockstar or Dell employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

LGA 1151 did not exist when the Optiplex 755 was made. 

-elpro999

I do not work for dell. I am also a user.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thanks for the additional intel. I think I ran across the wrong socket type some time ago while browsing processors I thought matched mine.

0 Kudos